F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Empty BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find)

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:06 pm

A USA-California-MADE, NJ BC RICH WARLOCK! 20 bucks!!!!!
These are worth from 400 to 700 bucks!!!!!!!

Kylar trem!

LOW # B1294...will research soon.

AWESOME F'ing DEAL!

MAN! im KING of the 20 $ FINDS!!!!

I about SHIT myself when i saw this!

This guitar (might) go to Mike one day???..its the body he likes THE MOST..And WOW!
USA-BC RICH people!

PIX when cleaned..Smile

My least fave body of theres, but NICE GUITAR HERE!

DACE>

Last edited by DACE on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Empty Re: BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find)

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Im gona spend a week cleaning this up so, i thought i would go ahead and post pix now.BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7021
USA!
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7022
NOT my fave body of theres..but Mikes.
What a METAL BEAST these are tho...
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7023
This is one of the best deals i have got in a few years..20$ COME ON!! WTF!?
Dude said it was hanging on his wall for the last 15 years. Must have got it as a NicNak, at the time they were not going for anything??????????
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7024
VERY METAL!!! Kinda like the beast..lol Very very low action. Nice bridge, USA build.
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7025
OK..heres how a flea market WORKS..i made $1.50 cents today, cost me 12 to do it.. BUT look what i picked up today...50 for the Amp, 20 for the guitar..IF i sold these both, AT LEAST i would make $500.00..at least. Bad day money wise, good day PICKups...Smile
One day years ago i got a GIBSON bass for 10 bucks, made NO money..Sold it on ebay for $375.00...GOOD DAY then..Smile you to look at shit right in life.
I will be cleaning on this guitar all week..post more pix then.
LATER..Smile
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Empty Re: BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find)

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Thats great buying DACE.....not very likely to do that here in the UK.

We do have flea markets but they are usually now for antiques and collectables and are all dealers who know the values....and you don't see guitars or any gear there.

We have Car Boot Sales (What you call the trunk in a car we call the boot in the UK). So you fill up the car or van with stuff and sell it on an outside pitch. Many years ago these kind of bargains appeared but now you will never find any kind of deal like yours unless you are really lucky.
Usually when you drive in you will be surrounded by dealers who want to buy all your stuff at low prices so that they can re-sell. So if someone drove in with anything decent you can bet it would be snapped up in the first 10 minutes.

Most people selling guitars here will look on e-bay first to establish the right price anyway....so basically NO CHANCE !!!!!!!
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I got VERY lucky..A few of my guitar-dealer-buddies were there, but i found it FIRST this time.Smile...they have money on them at ALL times for gear, i dont, so they win me out lots....But they missed this one...Smile makes me wonder what i might have missed.did NOT look around today..Was going to the bathroom, Brenda did not go with me today, so i had no chance to look...Saw it coming back from the bath room..Thought it said 200, nope 20....GRAB'D IT!..lololol..FAST!...lolol did not even know it was USA when i got it..Smile Thought 80s Japan cause of the bridge..NO WAY i would have guess'd it to be US!

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Forgot one...Smile
HELL, im likeing this guitar. CRAP!!! made SO well..playes great for 15 year old strings..LOL Really tho..WOW..cool one.
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Img_7026
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 am

OK DACE......I am puzzled ????

How did you get it balanced like that on that stool????

Is it defying gravity lol!
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 am

Research done for you DACE:

This page tells you alll you need to know:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/article/530-dating-your-b-c-rich-guitar.html

Basically yours is a year 2000 US made model as far as I can tell.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:03 am

globaltrancemission wrote:OK DACE......I am puzzled ????

How did you get it balanced like that on that stool????

Is it defying gravity lol!

One might not think by the shape of these, but VERY balanced guitar! feels AWESOME setting down..the back V cur go's right between ya legs..VERY balanced standing also.

OK...

More...Dating Your B.C. Rich GuitarPublished: Mon March 13, 2006 News Feed Dating B.C. Rich neck-through guitars is relatively easy, although slightly imprecise by the 1980's. Begining in 1972, the first B.C. Rich guitar was stamped 'Proto', and subsequent guitars were consecutively numbered beginning 001, 002, 003, etc. These consecutive numbers ran up to between 340 and 360. This system was used for the guitars distributed by L.D. Heater.

When distribution came back to B.C. Rich in 1974, a system of serial number coding began using a 5-digit code (XXYYY) with the first 2 digits indicating the year and the last 3 indicating the production number. That would make the first guitar of 1974 to have been numbered 74000, followed by 74001, 74002, 74003, etc. Throughout the '70s, production numbers were low enough that the serial numbers pretty much reflect the year of manufacture.

In the late '70s as production grew, the serial numbers begin to get ahead of themselves since only 1000 numbers were available in a series. With production growing rapidly by 1980, the serial numbers had gotten about two to three years ahead. For example, a bass guitar that is documented to have been purchased (not necessarily made) in 1980, bore the serial number #82595. Although neck-through production never surpassed approximately 2200 guitars a year, as the '80s progressed, the serial numbers continued to get ahead of the actual year. By 1981 the numbers were about four years ahead. This gap remained fairly constant until Bernie Sr. turned the production over to Class Axe in 1989.

Bolt-neck guitars are less precise for the usual reasons. The serial number is stamped on a neck plate, and like every other company, when the guitar was being finished, someone grabbed a plate out of the box and put it on in no particular, precise or documented order. These do not follow the same XXYYY dating scheme as the neck thru models. If a guitar has a number of 89321, for example, it was probably built in 1987, but it could have been assembled a bit earlier or later than 1987.

If it is a USA model, it will say "Made In The USA" on the headstock just below or beside the B.C. Rich script logo. The serial numbers are a bit hard to date because there was no uniform way they were assigned a number at Bernie's original shop. The neck plates were pre-stamped and pulled out of a box at random when it was time to install the neck onto the guitar or bass.

The Bolt On guitars serial numbers started with "BC" followed by five digits (BCXXXXX). Between 1989 and 1993 Class Axe took over production of B.C. Rich instruments and also used the "BCXXXXX" numbering scheme as well as "RXXXXXX" for it’s imported models. Class Axe did make some USA instruments of very good quality. Once again, the guitar will indicate that it was made in the USA by the "Made In The USA" stamp on the headstock. These will also have a small "TM" next to the script logo.

The USA bolt on guitars never followed the same serial number sequence as the neck thru models, which were numbered using the (YYXXX) format with the first two digits being the year, and the last three digits being the production number. Also, keep in mind on the 2+3 (five digit) serial numbers, they got out of sequence in the early to mid 80's. In other words, a guitar with serial number "84532" could have been made in 1982 or 1983, not 1984 as the number would suggest. They got back on track in 1993. Also, at some point in 1999 or 2000 the "Made In The USA" below the script logo disappeared on most of the guitars built.

In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

F7XXXXX (1997)
F8XXXXX (1998)
F9XXXXX(1999)
F0XXXXX (2000)

In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
third digit = quarter of manufacture
digits 4 thru 8 = production number

Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

There are many amps out there that offer multiple channels with separate EQ sections, multiple effects loops, and more switches and lights than you could shake a stick at. Cornford takes the opposite approach and keeps things simple for sonic integrity while still offering features that are now considered a must for most professional applications: master volume, effects loop, switchable channels, reverb, etc. Featuring top-notch handwired PTP construction, Cornford amps are amongst the most touch-sensitive and dynamic amps that we've ever laid our ears on.

What does touch-sensitivity and dynamics mean in a guitar amp? It means your hands are in control of the amount of loudness and overdrive gain that you get out of the amp, not the amp's controls. Pick hard and you get a raunchy classic rock crunch. Ease off on the picking to play legato lines and the amp responds beautifully with a smooth attack and bloom in the notes you sustain. These are the things that Cornford amps excel in. If you're tired of the tap dance routine and constantly fiddling with the amp's controls to dial in a variety of great sounds, check out a Cornford and focus on your playing.

More...Dating Your B.C. Rich GuitarPublished: Mon March 13, 2006 News Feed Dating B.C. Rich neck-through guitars is relatively easy, although slightly imprecise by the 1980's. Begining in 1972, the first B.C. Rich guitar was stamped 'Proto', and subsequent guitars were consecutively numbered beginning 001, 002, 003, etc. These consecutive numbers ran up to between 340 and 360. This system was used for the guitars distributed by L.D. Heater.

When distribution came back to B.C. Rich in 1974, a system of serial number coding began using a 5-digit code (XXYYY) with the first 2 digits indicating the year and the last 3 indicating the production number. That would make the first guitar of 1974 to have been numbered 74000, followed by 74001, 74002, 74003, etc. Throughout the '70s, production numbers were low enough that the serial numbers pretty much reflect the year of manufacture.

In the late '70s as production grew, the serial numbers begin to get ahead of themselves since only 1000 numbers were available in a series. With production growing rapidly by 1980, the serial numbers had gotten about two to three years ahead. For example, a bass guitar that is documented to have been purchased (not necessarily made) in 1980, bore the serial number #82595. Although neck-through production never surpassed approximately 2200 guitars a year, as the '80s progressed, the serial numbers continued to get ahead of the actual year. By 1981 the numbers were about four years ahead. This gap remained fairly constant until Bernie Sr. turned the production over to Class Axe in 1989.

Bolt-neck guitars are less precise for the usual reasons. The serial number is stamped on a neck plate, and like every other company, when the guitar was being finished, someone grabbed a plate out of the box and put it on in no particular, precise or documented order. These do not follow the same XXYYY dating scheme as the neck thru models. If a guitar has a number of 89321, for example, it was probably built in 1987, but it could have been assembled a bit earlier or later than 1987.

If it is a USA model, it will say "Made In The USA" on the headstock just below or beside the B.C. Rich script logo. The serial numbers are a bit hard to date because there was no uniform way they were assigned a number at Bernie's original shop. The neck plates were pre-stamped and pulled out of a box at random when it was time to install the neck onto the guitar or bass.

The Bolt On guitars serial numbers started with "BC" followed by five digits (BCXXXXX). Between 1989 and 1993 Class Axe took over production of B.C. Rich instruments and also used the "BCXXXXX" numbering scheme as well as "RXXXXXX" for it’s imported models. Class Axe did make some USA instruments of very good quality. Once again, the guitar will indicate that it was made in the USA by the "Made In The USA" stamp on the headstock. These will also have a small "TM" next to the script logo.

The USA bolt on guitars never followed the same serial number sequence as the neck thru models, which were numbered using the (YYXXX) format with the first two digits being the year, and the last three digits being the production number. Also, keep in mind on the 2+3 (five digit) serial numbers, they got out of sequence in the early to mid 80's. In other words, a guitar with serial number "84532" could have been made in 1982 or 1983, not 1984 as the number would suggest. They got back on track in 1993. Also, at some point in 1999 or 2000 the "Made In The USA" below the script logo disappeared on most of the guitars built.

In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

F7XXXXX (1997)
F8XXXXX (1998)
F9XXXXX(1999)
F0XXXXX (2000)

In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
third digit = quarter of manufacture
digits 4 thru 8 = production number

Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

There are many amps out there that offer multiple channels with separate EQ sections, multiple effects loops, and more switches and lights than you could shake a stick at. Cornford takes the opposite approach and keeps things simple for sonic integrity while still offering features that are now considered a must for most professional applications: master volume, effects loop, switchable channels, reverb, etc. Featuring top-notch handwired PTP construction, Cornford amps are amongst the most touch-sensitive and dynamic amps that we've ever laid our ears on.

What does touch-sensitivity and dynamics mean in a guitar amp? It means your hands are in control of the amount of loudness and overdrive gain that you get out of the amp, not the amp's controls. Pick hard and you get a raunchy classic rock crunch. Ease off on the picking to play legato lines and the amp responds beautifully with a smooth attack and bloom in the notes you sustain. These are the things that Cornford amps excel in. If you're tired of the tap dance routine and constantly fiddling with the amp's controls to dial in a variety of great sounds, check out a Cornford and focus on your playing.

Last edited by DACE on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 am

# B1294 (my #)

SO...im confused 1991??? or 2001???

Is see it a LOW # run...294...plate that is.

What year w think it is with above info???

Im gathering 1991...unsure tho?? its either that or 2001???

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 am

OK....Was told its a 1991...but that dont jive with the INFO...A nother thing, its B, not BO.
And the look of this guitar, logo font, harware SURE dont look 2000ish...Looks 80s-90s to my eye..SO..im kinda going with what the dude said. sure "looks" before 2000....2000 guitars have a certain look that is easy to see compaired to 80s and 90s giutars. The hardware looks 80s-90s..No way looks 2000 year.

SO...??? as they say..hard to date..Think 1991.

THANK you for the link Peter, was on my list today, ya saved me search..

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:25 am

O! and the guy a bought it from said it had been hanging on his wall 15 years.
I could tell he was a NON-player. And only asking 20 bucks, i dought he would tell a false about it. the price was going to sell it..So...this would make it a 91.
(people DO tell stories) but like i say, 20 bucks! NO story needed...

And hell...Wahtever the year..AWESOME..fun to research for sure.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 am

O! dont know if i said, but this Guitar came with a Strap, and NICE 20foot cord..about a 25 dollar cord...Smile Man, what a deal..STILL tripping over it.

Should be getting the Line6-AX2 tomarow...Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 am

RIDICULOUS PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow!

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 pm

If it is a USA model, it will say "Made In The USA" on the headstock just below or beside the B.C. Rich script logo.
Between 1989 and 1993 Class Axe took over production of B.C. Rich instruments and also used the "BCXXXXX" numbering scheme as well as "RXXXXXX" for it’s imported models. Class Axe did make some USA instruments of very good quality. Once again, the guitar will indicate that it was made in the USA by the "Made In The USA" stamp on the headstock. These will also have a small "TM" next to the script logo.

Also, at some point in 1999 or 2000 the "Made In The USA" below the script logo disappeared on most of the guitars built.

Way I read it DACE......

Yours does not say "Made in The USA" which they dropped in 2000. Yours is an American guitar but they changed the plate in 2000. Photos of import models show just a plain plate with serial number so its easy to tell the difference.

I would think they made more than 999 guitars with a B so the 1000th made that year would be B1000 logically.

But I'm only going by the article and old guitars often tell a different story.

You would be surprised when back in the 80's I took my Jaguar to a Fender dealer and I was told that the colour never existed. I had to do my own research to find out that it was a rare Fender Custom colour.....I don't think anyone else in the UK had ever even seen one !!!!

If I had listened to the guy mine would now be re-finished in Sunburst and lost all of its value because that is what he said I should do with it !!!!! Smile

Best thing to do is just enjoy it DACE. Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Just had another thought Idea

I can't read your plate from the picture but is it possible it could be 81294 not a B but an 8 ?????

That would make it about a 1980 model but that wouldn't explain why the Made in The USA markings don't appear.

Oh Well......Its a Mystery Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm

It IS a B..BUT...they could have used a B as an 8??

Im like you..So what...Enjoy it...and i sure am. Gona start cleaning soon, might find markings or #s eleswhere?

O YES..what you were saying about that dude saying the colour did not exised.
Gabby, the guy that sold me the Amps, Has a 1 of 6 IBANEZ bass that was made for NAMM shows has NO # ofcourse, but IBANEZ wont claim it because it was a DEMO and not to be sold..LOLOL...IBANEZ will NOT say they made it tho..LOL..FUNNY! And REAL funny cause the dude Gabby got it from GAVE it to him, AND it was givin to that guy also..LOLOL....Some Big-time bass player (country)band.

This bass is OUT OF THIS WORLD..ill try to get pix of it. you got to see this thing.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 am

Got around to inverting the Warlock..Smile
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Invert12
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Ordered some stuff for the Warlock.rings.
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Brjgio11

And these..Smile
BC RICH WARLOCK-NJ-USA (fleaMarket-Find) Bpqyzs11
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:58 pm

AS you see, study study im indroducing White into the Guitar.
There was allready some on this 99% black guitar.
The Logo is White, and the Nut is.
The frett makers also. kinda white pearl.
study
SO, bringing that into the black zone of this guitar.
Like a Star @ heaven White Rings.
Like a Star @ heaven White Pearl Topped Knobs.
That should ack as highlights, or bling with the black.
Should "Vibe" up the look of this WAY to black guitar.
Parts in the mail..Smile
Pics soon.
DACE>
afro
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm

You are really good at Pimping out guitars!
You have a good eye for that.

Could you make any money buying cheap ones, pimping them, and then putting them on eBay?
I'm sure a lot of people would pay a couple hundred for Killer Looks alone.

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Yep..thats the idea Z..Smile
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorne Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Sorry to say, this isn't a U.S.A. made guitar, still an amazing deal for $20

It's a NJ series, dating these Bxxx numbers is very hard, but it's from around 1985/86 and was made in Nagoya Japan

The Dolphin Music website dating page is full of inaccuracy and the "L.A.California" neckplate was used on USA and Import guitars, I hope this helps Very Happy

Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Lorne Welcome to FOS. Dace is off-line 'till the new year but I'm sure Z will pass your info on to him Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorne Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:33 am

Cool, I hope the Info helps Very Happy

Lorne

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:51 am

I'm sure Dace will thank you when he gets back on-line.
I'm guessing by the impressive list of Basses, that you're a Bass player.
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next