F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEEN on EBAY (Gear)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 Empty Re: SEEN on EBAY (Gear)

Post  z Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:02 am

Cool!
Yeah I know that tremelo sound you're talking about.
I associate it with bands like the Ventures.

The most stable tremelo I have is on the Dean (with a tremsetter installed).
The X is still a little tricky. Much harder to dial in a tremelo on a DropC guitar.
And I need to put a drop of silicone rubber on the tremsetters so they don't fall out
(when I pull up on the bar real hard, the clip can pop out of the bridge).

Both of those are double locking, which I like.

The one on my Strat is a typical Strat trem, but the Strat has locking tuners. That works good,
but not great for diving (since the strings can catch behind the nut and not come back to tune).
It's much better at the flutter type vibrato sound.

I'll post a couple pics...

Z

I believe the Ventures used a Jazzmaster but its the same tremelo.

Thats the sound and its sweet on a clean sounding chord with reverb.

For extreme sound I would use a pitchshifter set up as a Whammy 1 oct up or down......already set this up on my Korg AX 3000G but I dont really do metal. Still the octave down as a Dive Bomb is very cool.
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Seeing as you guys appreciate the wonders of the Fender Jaguar you should explore this site where you will find a superb gallery of Vintage, USA Re Issues and Japanese made.

The only Shoreline Golds on here are Japanese ......until then not many people had even seen a genuine vintage Shoreline Gold Jaguar.....I told you they were rare. Perhaps I should send them some pics and get mine featured on there Smile

http://www.fenderjaguar.net/

Theres lots of info including a full exploded technical drawing of the body and all the parts.

Theres a full guide to setting these guitars up and copies of the manual.

A very cool site if only for the gallery. Smile Smile

DACE.....You will love the Lake Placid Blue colour on there (Japanese) Smile

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 9
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 pm

It needs a RED-T-shell gaurd..It would be PERFECT! Man it would SET IT on FIRE! with that gaurd added...This is what i want, but RED t-shell..Smile
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:00 pm

DACE wrote:It needs a RED-T-shell gaurd..It would be PERFECT! Man it would SET IT on FIRE! with that gaurd added...This is what i want, but RED t-shell..Smile
DACE>

You really should go look at that gallery.....it will make your mouth water Smile

There are several types of blue.....the Japanese seem to have invented a few new colours when they made them.

The site is a little bit out of date as it fails to mention that you can now get Jaguars made by Fender in the Mexico factory as well.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 The-Ventures

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 The_Ventures_1960

The Ventures were around earlier than the Surf era but were still around at that time and probably a big influence on the surf bands sounds.

Top picture shows them in the surf era with Jazzmasters but earlier than that the next picture is 1960 and they used Mosrite guitars.

Later they also used Stratocasters.

From a fansite:

During the 1960s, California guitar manufacturer, Mosrite developed and marketed a uniquely styled futuristic-looking electric guitar, "The Ventures Model Mosrite". The band utilized these guitars on Ventures in Space (1963). That album, because of its ethereal spacey effects, was deemed an influence on the later 1960s San Francisco movement.

In the mid 1990s, Fender issued a limited edition Ventures signature series of guitars consisting of a jazzmaster, a stratocaster, and a jazz bass, all with specifications determined by the band.

Aria Guitars and Wilson Brothers Guitars have subsequently issued Ventures signature model instruments.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Yep..Kingston trio had a FENDER guitar also..hollow body, i think???

You seen the DICK DALE Strats...?? VERY cool guitar.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

DACE wrote:Yep..Kingston trio had a FENDER guitar also..hollow body, i think???

DACE>

Only ever seen pics of the Kingston Trio with acoustic guitars but I don't know too much about them.

Dick Dale Strat.....never seen one so I googled it....reverse headstock and pickups like a lefty ....extra switch that does something and a gold sparkle paint job......something different...I love Custom guitars !!!!!

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 Dickdale_m
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Dick Dale is pretty awesome. He double-picks like a madman and melts picks.

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:
DACE wrote:Yep..Kingston trio had a FENDER guitar also..hollow body, i think???

DACE>

Only ever seen pics of the Kingston Trio with acoustic guitars but I don't know too much about them.

Dick Dale Strat.....never seen one so I googled it....reverse headstock and pickups like a lefty ....extra switch that does something and a gold sparkle paint job......something different...I love Custom guitars !!!!!

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) - Page 2 Dickdale_m

Peter..trust me on this one..IF you ever see one in person, you will FALL to the ground! Its just somthing to see man! Theres one down the road here in a music store, gets me EVERY time..Just AWESOMRE to see!!! GRAND FENDER! one of there VERY best custom guitars..Its a TRIP!

The colour is just SUPER in person...Very much a "soul-grabber" guitar..Sucks you into it...WONDER!!! Work of ART for SURE! Plays like BUTTER! and it better for the price.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Z! kik ass old footage of him here! MAN!
Ya see..THIS is what i like..A guitarest that is SO who THEY are!
I try VERY hard to be ME on the guitar..i do good..As you do VERY well...Peter and Rick also...Its just what I THINK the thing is FOR! to be who you are, with an insterment everyone CAN play.
LOVE DD...one of my FAVES!
Jeff-Beck
SANTANA
VAI
Zappa
Ect, ect, ect...
DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:14 pm

DACE wrote:Z! kik ass old footage of him here! MAN!
Ya see..THIS is what i like..A guitarest that is SO who THEY are!
I try VERY hard to be ME on the guitar..i do good..As you do VERY well...Peter and Rick also...Its just what I THINK the thing is FOR! to be who you are, with an insterment everyone CAN play.
LOVE DD...one of my FAVES!
Jeff-Beck
SANTANA
VAI
Zappa
Ect, ect, ect...
DACE>

Yeah, I agree. He's very cool live!
It also looks like at least one of the backup guitarists is holding a Fender Jag.

Z

z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 am

The video looks like it was put together from several takes. At the start the backing guitarist is playing a Jazzmaster but in other parts it changes to a Jaguar. The other guitarist at the back plays a Strat.

This is interesting from Wiki:

Among his early musical influences was his uncle, an oud player performing belly dance music. Much of his early music shows a Middle Eastern influence; Dale is often credited as one of the first electric guitarists to employ non-Western scales in his playing. Dale himself was a surfer and wanted his music to reflect the sounds he heard in his mind while surfing. While he is primarily known for introducing the use of guitar reverb that would give the guitar a "wet" sound, which has since become a staple of surf music, it was Dale's staccato picking that was his trademark. Since Dale was left-handed he was initially forced to play a right-handed model, like Jimi Hendrix. His outrageous styling on stage was an influence on the young Hendrix. However, he did so without restringing the guitar, leading him to effectively play the guitar upside-down (while Hendrix would restring his guitar), and he often played by reaching over the fretboard rather than wrapping his fingers up from underneath. Even after he acquired a proper left-handed guitar, Dale continued to use his reverse stringing. Dale is also noted for playing his percussive, heavy bending style while using what are, for most guitarists, extremely heavy gauge string sets (16p, 18p, 20p. 38w, 48w, 58w; standard electric guitar string set may range from 10 to 46).

His desire to create a certain sound led him to push the limits of equipment:
“ Leo Fender kept giving Dale amps and Dale kept blowing them up! Till one night Leo and his right hand man Freddy T. (Freddy Tavares) went down to the Rendezvous Ballroom on the Balboa Peninsula in Balboa, California and stood in the middle of four thousand screaming and dancing Dick Dale fans, and said to Freddy, I now know what Dick Dale is trying to tell me. Back to the drawing board. A special 85 watt output transformer, manufactured by the Triad Transformer Company, was made that peaked 100 watts, when Dale would pump up the volume of his amp, this transformer would create the sounds along with Dale's style of playing, the kind of sounds that Dale dreamed of. But they now needed a speaker that would handle the power and not burn up from the volume that would come from Dale's guitar.

Leo, Freddy and Dale went to the James B. Lansing speaker company, and they explained that they wanted a fifteen inch speaker built to their specifications. That speaker would soon be known as the 15" JBL D130 speaker. It made the complete package for Dale to play through and was named the Single Showman Amp. When Dale plugged his Fender Stratocaster guitar into the new Showman Amp and speaker cabinet, Dale became the first person on earth to jump from the volume scale of a modest quiet guitar player on a scale of 4 to blasting up through the volume scale to TEN! That is when Dale became the "Father of Heavy Metal" as quoted from Guitar Player magazine. Dale broke through the electronic barrier limitations of that era!
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 am

"That is when Dale became the "Father of Heavy Metal" as quoted from Guitar Player magazine. Dale broke through the electronic barrier limitations of that era!."

HAD THE MAG...Smile HAD THEM ALL at one time or another..I dont read Books..I read GUITAR MAGS!...Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 am

Cool Stuff! Thanks for finding that!

I knew about the Belly Dance connection. There are lots of middle-eastern versions of Miserlou.
And I have seen a lot of Oud players. They do fast double-picking a lot.

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2