F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEEN on EBAY (Gear)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Empty SEEN on EBAY (Gear)

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 am

WOW! NICE!

Flextone XL 2-12,(stereo), with floorboard, and look at the PRETTY covering..Smile
With a (Buy-it-Now) of 275.00 NO shiping...Awesome!

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Cdcgky10
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Empty Re: SEEN on EBAY (Gear)

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Looks Nice .....colour is a bit Gay !!!!! Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:Looks Nice .....colour is a bit Gay !!!!! Smile

I LOVE IT! ITS RED...Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 pm

DACE wrote:
globaltrancemission wrote:Looks Nice .....colour is a bit Gay !!!!! Smile

I LOVE IT! ITS RED...Smile

DACE>

Sorry.....I thought it looked a bit Pink !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

OK! this company is right up the raod from me. I tried to get a job there in the past, NEED to again.. THEY DO NOT PLAY! check there website some time.
SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Cbw6ev10
This guitar is by far the best looking and sounding guitar I have ever seen or heard. The craftmanship is incredible. If you are unfamiliar with Warrior Guitars, they are one of the finest guitar brands in America. Only the finest woods are used and they air dry their woods for 7 years before touching it. Other companies kiln dry their woods for a faster production while sacrificing the look and tone of the instrument.

This is a Warrior Vintage Classic double cutaway with a flamed maple top. There is no finish on it besides the Warrior annointed oil. The look of the top is outstanding and no picture or words can describe how the grain looks 3D and moves when the angle is changed. The fret board is ebony with KOA wood rectangles with REAL Abalone streaks inlayed on the fret board. The neck has a colorful strip of Purple Heart down the back. Purple Heart is one of the hardest woods on earth and makes this guitar stand out beatifully. It has Seymour Duncan JB and Pearly Gates pickups with bookmatched pickup covers that also make this guitar rare. This is the 25th out of 150 made of this guitar. The electronic cover has the Warrior logo hole lasered out with "Sam Ash Music Classic Vintage" printed on it. All gold color hardware and USA Sperzel Locking Tuners and a bone nut. It comes with the case. I don't have much info on the case but it looks and feels like leather with a aligator print pressed into it. Even the case looks cool. Comes with leather Warrior strap, Dunlop locking straploks, certificate of authenticity, Warrior guitar polish, Warrior microfiber cloth, and case keys.

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 pm

PETER! A 66...Smile I will keep an eye on to see how high it go's..
Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Fender-Jaguar-1966-NO-RESERVE-/270692882169?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f068d96f9
SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Ccvcu210
This is a 1966 Vintage Fender Jaguar. MADE IN THE USA...NOT A REISSUE! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! All tone switches work but one of the lower switches doesn't and needs to be sprayed. The frets are worn but playable. They will need to replaced in the future if you want it to be your daily player. It has a vintage Fender tone and the pickups work fine.

There is cosmetic wear and tear consistent with a guitar this age. The bridge was replaced 10 years ago and the lower tone switches were replaced (I will include the original tone switches for you.) The finish on the body is natural wood grain that has a beautiful patina as it was probably refinished in the 70's. The headstock has an olympic/blond finish which leads me to believe this was the original 66 finish. In the 60's and 70's a lot of musicians wanted an organic look and would strip the paint to a natural look.

I have had this guitar almost 20 years and gigged with it. It has been stored in a hsc over 10 years. The case is not original but is a blond tolex case and included in the price.

THIS GUITAR IS NOT FOR AMATEURS.

IF YOU APPRECIATE VINTAGE FENDER GUITARS FROM THE 60'S AND THEIR UNMISTAKABLE TONE THIS IS THE GUITAR FOR YOU! BLUES, ROCK, JAZZ AND OF COURSE SURF MUSIC!

THIS IS A 45 YEAR OLD GUITAR. THIS GUITAR IS VERY SENSITIVE AND IT'S SWITCHES CAN BE TEMPERAMENTAL AS ALL OF YOU AVID GUITARIST'S ALREADY KNOW. LOOK AT THE PICS, DO YOUR RESEARCH, ALL SALES FINAL.

HAPPY BIDDING!
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks DACE....that will be interesting Smile

The 66 has a different neck to the 64....Pearloid square markers and a neck binding....where mine has no binding and plain white clay dot markers. Also the Fender logo on the headstock will be black where mine is gold with a black outline. The neck plate on this will have the big "F" where mine is plain with just the serial number for identification.
Technically although there is only 2 years difference this is a CBS Fender where mine is a pre CBS which adds value.
Also this is refinished (stripped and varnished) where mine has not only the original paint but the most rare Fender colour of all...... "Shoreline Gold".
Those knobs are not original.....they should be black exactly like a Fender Jazz Bass has fitted.
This also has a replacement brige according to the owner (See e-bay questions).

My guitar is 100% original.....even the wiring and pots inside are unaltered and the pots have numbers that prove their age. Also mine has the original Kluson nickel plated tuners where a 66 will have chrome ones by Fender.

So what I'm saying is that mine would certainly be a much higher value if you compare them on spec.

Having said that this would play and sound pretty much the same as mine and will be enjoyed by whoever owns it. As there is only 2 years between them Fender were probably still using the same woods at that time.....but not for much longer as they switched to mass production not long after.

globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

This one is closer to the condition and spec of my Jaguar.....starting bid £3500....thats a lot of dosh...exactly what mine is insured for.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-FENDER-JAGUAR-1963-/200566165715?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2eb2acd0d3

I HAVE OWNED THIS GUITAR FOR 40 YEARS AND HAVE MADE NO ALTERATIONS TO IT. HAVING RETIRED FROM LIVE PERFORMING 10 YEARS AGO I NO LONGER USE IT AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND IT A GOOD HOME.

THIS GUITAR IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR ITS AGE, HOWEVER, YOU WILL PROBABLY NOTICE FROM THE PHOTO'S THAT THE TUNERS ARE NOT KLUSON. I THEREFOR RECENTLY PURCHASED A SET OF VINTAGE KLUSON TUNERS SO ANY PROSPECTIVE BUYER WOULD HAVE THE OPTION OF CHANGING THEM,

WHEN THE JAGUAR WAS FIRST ISSUED BY FENDER IT WAS REGARDED AS THEIR FLAGSHIP MODEL AND WAS USED BY MANY FAMOUS MUSICIANS

VEIWING IS WELCOME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS . HOME TEL 01772 254057 MOBILE NO 07854911363

PLEASE NOTE: COLLECTION IS WELCOME OR DELIVERY CHARGES CAN BE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Yes me and Rick just got done doing this on a SOUNDCITY amp...Fun to follow this stuff..Smile

BRB...

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Back..Yes, as you KNOW Peter, im a BIG gearhead. ANYTHING about gear, mine, gear i had once, my friends, gear i want, i dream of, new stuff, old, gear, gear i find interesting, reading about, vids, ect, ect, JUST LOVE IT...Its something i enjoy ALOT!

The MAIN reason i wanted a guitar is when i was young i saw a pic of a guitar and amp. So it PER dates getting turned on by MUSIC..I got turned on by a PIC OF GEAR..LOL...strange, NO??

Its late, i will hit that link tomarow and look...
Been racking my brain all day with Mike on that sound-prob on his new tune.
But we RAN it down..Smile
DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am

Found one for sale in Shoreline Gold for £5950. The seller was not sure of the colour but Aztec gold is much more yellow.....this is the same colour as my Jaguar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1962-Fender-Jaguar-gold-matching-head-all-original-/370455522858?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5640deae2a

Mine is in better condition than this one but mine does not have a painted headstock and mine has a red tortoiseshell pick guard.Also I do not have an original case.

Most of the Shoreline Gold guitars are like this one with white pickguard and painted headstock but the Fender Custom shop would change things to suit a specific customer request. I have seen one or two just like mine with a plain headstock and red pickguard.

This is a 1962 (first year) Fender Jaguar, finished in Shoreline or Aztec gold, I am not sure, with matching headstock. It is all original and is in excellent condition (8.5/10). It has some wear on the back and on the back of the neck and it has some paint missing on the bottom, otherwise it is beautiful. It comes in an original tolex case.
At the asking price of £6,950.00 this must be a good investment!!

Notice he has reduced the price to £5950......I still think that is overpriced considering the condition.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 am

DACE here are some great links that you will enjoy:

Another Jag for sale in fantastic condition with loads of lovely pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Pre-CBS-1965-FENDER-Jaguar-OHSC-TIMEWARP-BEAUTY-/170592472254?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27b81a8cbe

These two you will need to bookmark as they give all the info on dating all Fender guitars in great detail....a fantastic resource that I have used to check out all the details on my guitar. There a lot of modified old Fenders that come up for sale and you need to know exactly what to look for to determine a guitars originality.

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/fender.html

A picture gallery of Vintage Fenders , Gibsons, Epiphones, Dobro and others:

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/gallery.html#fend
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 am

AWESOME! and i just GOT to post the pics here..Smile

1962' Fender Jaguar, gold, matching head, all original
SEEN on EBAY (Gear) B8lec110
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 am

MAN! IM IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE! And dont like sunburst guitars most time, but when i do, LOVE them..This is SO Pretty!!

Vintage Pre CBS 1965 FENDER Jaguar*OHSC*TIMEWARP*BEAUTY

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Cdip-q10

These are some WONDERFUL guitars from FENDER..really are. I WANT one..Smile
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 am

[img]SEEN on EBAY (Gear) FENDERJAGUAR001a[/img]

[img]SEEN on EBAY (Gear) FENDERJAGUAR006a[/img]

[img]SEEN on EBAY (Gear) FENDERJAGUAR004a[/img]

Just to remind you of mine to compare Smile I love the red tort pickguard with the gold on this guitar.

Serial Number of mine is L40931 which is early 1964 .

The sunburst finish is the most common finish on a Jaguar....that was the standard paint job and most US Jaguars are that colour or Blonde. All the other colours on real vintage Jaguars were Custom Shop colours costing extra.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:27 am

Yep..LOVE the RED t-shell gaurds..ALLMOST got that for the LOTUS but felt it not Metal looking..NEXT one i build will get T-Red gaurd-white-pups..Smile

My FAVE is the bark-Blue-Metal-flake, with Tshell-Red-gaurd. With all the crome, they just look HOT! DO like tha gold tho.
(so what i say here tells me to build a Metal-fake-BLUE-RED Tshell, white pup-crome hardware-strat next). Im gona go Hum-Lead, Tele neck, NO middle pickup on that one.
SO..Now i know what im gona build next...Smile Really i shoud go TELE..YES! Tele is the format i think.

Im NO fan of sunbrust...But about every 100 or so i see, ONE just looks AWESOME to me. Not big on them.

Nothing more i like than a headstock the same as the body. Think that looks good and makes since. Both my guitar, head stock-body the same..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 am

HELL YES!!!
SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Ccobq210
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:49 pm

DACE wrote:PETER! A 66...Smile I will keep an eye on to see how high it go's..
Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Fender-Jaguar-1966-NO-RESERVE-/270692882169?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f068d96f9
This is a 1966 Vintage Fender Jaguar. MADE IN THE USA...NOT A REISSUE! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! All tone switches work but one of the lower switches doesn't and needs to be sprayed. The frets are worn but playable. They will need to replaced in the future if you want it to be your daily player. It has a vintage Fender tone and the pickups work fine.

There is cosmetic wear and tear consistent with a guitar this age. The bridge was replaced 10 years ago and the lower tone switches were replaced (I will include the original tone switches for you.) The finish on the body is natural wood grain that has a beautiful patina as it was probably refinished in the 70's. The headstock has an olympic/blond finish which leads me to believe this was the original 66 finish. In the 60's and 70's a lot of musicians wanted an organic look and would strip the paint to a natural look.

I have had this guitar almost 20 years and gigged with it. It has been stored in a hsc over 10 years. The case is not original but is a blond tolex case and included in the price.

THIS GUITAR IS NOT FOR AMATEURS.

IF YOU APPRECIATE VINTAGE FENDER GUITARS FROM THE 60'S AND THEIR UNMISTAKABLE TONE THIS IS THE GUITAR FOR YOU! BLUES, ROCK, JAZZ AND OF COURSE SURF MUSIC!

THIS IS A 45 YEAR OLD GUITAR. THIS GUITAR IS VERY SENSITIVE AND IT'S SWITCHES CAN BE TEMPERAMENTAL AS ALL OF YOU AVID GUITARIST'S ALREADY KNOW. LOOK AT THE PICS, DO YOUR RESEARCH, ALL SALES FINAL.

HAPPY BIDDING!

Heres what it brought..and thats a GREAT price for what it is really.
$1,380.00
As you say, Peter, your is worth a TON more.
But this is a LOW price on this one still.
NICE!
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Somebody got a nice guitar at that price because a new USA made Jaguar at Zzounds is currently 1699 $.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN100900

The Japan made models are the cheapest but the spec has been changed from original.

You can now get Fender Jaguars made in the Mexico factory which are cheaper than the USA but still expensive.

This guy just bought a 66 Fender that has the same woods used on a Strat of that year which would cost more than 10 times what he paid.
The Jaguar was more expensive than the Strat and was Fenders top model then so it got the very best wood available.

In fact a New USA made Jaguar is still more than a standard USA made Strat so that tells you something about these guitars Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Yep..someone got a good deal..

I cant afford a good one, but im looking into a Squier...Blue-Red-Tgaurd-Chrome hardware...If not ill build a TELE that way...Jag would be cooler. Even the Squiers are rather high, have to be USED, broke, and beatup...Im looking for a Blue Jag tho.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 am

globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:44 am

LOL..MAN i hate those Jas-stang thing..LOL...UGLY...lolloll..

Peter...That BODY is VERY cool...Made in USA also..LOVE that....Z look at that body..VERY cool....Be TO big of a project for me, but MAN! very nice body...Check it Z..

The cheap one i dont like the gaurd on. no Chrome things..Sad

Very cool searching peter..Thanks man...

That body...I DIG!!!!!!!!!!......Very cool..

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Very cool thread and links and pics!!!!!

Peter -- what the heck kind of tremelo do you have on your Jag? It looks like the bridge is bolted down, so
I don't get how the arm does anything?

I do kind of like the freaky shape Jags have. I bet if Salvidor Dali played guitar it would be a Jag Very Happy

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 am

z wrote:

Very cool thread and links and pics!!!!!

Peter -- what the heck kind of tremelo do you have on your Jag? It looks like the bridge is bolted down, so
I don't get how the arm does anything?

I do kind of like the freaky shape Jags have. I bet if Salvidor Dali played guitar it would be a Jag Very Happy

Z

The Jaguar and Jazzmaster both have the same Tremolo and body shape.

The tremolo is the first floating tremolo that was ever made and it works by rocking over the bridge. Its all housed under the big rounded chrome plate behind the bridge. These are a unique Fender patented design.

The strings do not go through the body on these guitars and the end anchor plate where the strings go through is also part of the tremolo. There is a locking system to totally lock the tremolo down.

I found this drawing which makes it all clear:

SEEN on EBAY (Gear) Trem6zl8

These tremolos are not very extreme....they are great for a 60's type surf sound but no good for dive bombing or metal....so I tend not to use it and normally remove the trem bar on mine.

The body shape is called an Offset Contour Body and is designed for comfort when sitting down....and it is comfortable....good design.

It's the first time I have seen the drawing above and looking at it is interesting. The strings anchor to a large metal plate which runs under the tremelo in a body chamber.Makes me think that this construction must be partly what gives these guitars their unique sound.

I have never taken the Tremelo apart although I have had all the other parts off including the neck to check that all is OK and original....even the wiring !!!!

globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 am

Yes..And they made a STRAT kinda like this in the 80s...My friend Danny has one..There RARE cause they only made that bridge a few years. There no back-route and it built like these i think.
Bar pops-in, not threaded.
Also no football jack on them, Jack on pickgaurd.
Rare, and getting high$ also.
Danny's is a great Strat. Cream. Plays very nice.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next