F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots

3 posters

Go down

My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots Empty My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 am

These are shots taken this morning of my guitar. You can see the detail of the finish much clearer than on the pictures that you see on the AXL site.
Also decided to give you the arty inverts and filters.....ENJOY.

It really is a cool looking axe !!!!!

Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />
Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />

Photobucket" alt="" />
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots Empty Re: My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots

Post  DACE Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am

Yep..Very cool man!
Im looking for one..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots Empty Re: My AXL Strat - Pictures - Inverts and Filter shots

Post  z Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:16 am

Wow! Love that!
Body is SUPER COOL!
And I like that "aged headstock look" too.

SWEET GUITAR!

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 am

A few minuses.....well it is a cheap guitar !!!

The tuners are not very good quality....I find this is common in lower price guitars....you could change them but then they wouldn't match the look.

When I first got the guitar it wouldn't stay in tune.....but it was fine once I stretched the strings.

I don't like Strat trems.....thats because my Jag floating trem is far better....but I don't use a trem so that's OK.

The humbucker is much more powerful than the single coils so you need to roll back on the guitar volume .....fine once you get used to it and then you start getting some decent tones from it.

The single coils are really nice.

All in all ......a great buy for the money....it fills a hole in my collection and gives me some great Strat tones.

I like it....it plays fine.....well worth buying and it just looks so damn cool Smile

Also its quite light in weight so would be very comfortable to play live !!!!
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 am

What i have in mind if i get one is to change the neck to an IBANEZ neck.
And rout-it- for a Floyd bridge.
I want a white one, or the COW one, white&Black.
Looks like an IBANEZ EX neck would fit it?
I could TRICK one out pretty cheap.
One reason,used-parts would be best...Dirty in raw shape...
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

DACE.....the neck on this is quite nice....its a C profile and is flatter than my Jaguar which has a slight curve.

Its also slightly wider due to the flatness.

The neck has been distressed quite nicely on the back....the maple yellow patina looks like my real 45 year old Jag neck in colour and it feels smooth.
The rosewood board is a light colour and is a bit dry but it will soon wear in with the oil from the skin or a little polish could help.

The tuners would be first priority for a change if you wamted to mod the guitar with that neck....you could either find some that are already aged from an old guitar (but they might be worn out) or fit black ones....or distress some new ones yourself Shocked

Floyd Rose is a much better trem.....I don't know much about fitting one but I guess you know how to handle that.

I'll be keeping my guitar as is unless I get any problems Smile

I dont use a trem that much and my Jag has a great trem that is really light and smooth if I want to use it or for extreme use I can always use the Korg set up as a Whammy pedal.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down