F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick

5 posters

Go down

Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick Empty Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick

Post  DACE Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

This go's out to Rick because he sent me a Mic, and I was just doing a demo of it and ended up with this AWESOME tune! owe Rick for this tune!

I even worte REAPER into the lyric...Smile

What happened was the Mic sounded so good, and the inprov-lyric was so cool to me, i just had to see what it would sound like as a tune...GLAD I DID! I love this tune, and MIC! Thanks Rick...heres you a tune..Smile

There is one bass-one clean guitar-one dirty guitar, and 3 vocal takes mixed together.
VERY clear mic! I could remix and get it better but Screw that! im loving it ASIS!

Note how no TOP these vocals are..That tells ya how much i love this vocal..This is how want ALL my vocals..WAY over the music, but not killing it..PERFECT!

http://www2.mixposure.com/DACE/song_focus_22064.php

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For RICK!

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick Empty Re: Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am

Posted on the Mix:

Instantly you can hear a difference in the mix on this. The vocals are so clear and it works so well. The guitars are as dreamy as ever and its another great song with a soulful feel to it.Great driving drum track too.
One of your best to date.

Yes you should always do your vocals like this .....its more clean and natural and you have a good voice for this style.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick Empty Re: Right Time Breakdown (To REAPER-SG) Rick

Post  DACE Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:51 am

Yes, its the Mic Peter..Really clear.....Even more so with a single-vocal-track. But i just dont like that sound. Its clearer, and more focused, but i love adding two voices together. Its more Arty sounding to me. Its the same as i do guitars really. A mix of vocal takes. Yes, that is not as focused or standard,but its sound so much cooler to my ears. People dont play around with there vocals much. I dont know why that is????

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edrury Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Really nice, love the vocal style and it's great to hear it right out in front where it belongs. Also love the drum patterns and for that matter the bass as well. It's a solid mix top to bottom. Excellent!
edrury
edrury

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:20 pm

DACE wrote:Yes, its the Mic Peter..Really clear.....Even more so with a single-vocal-track. But i just dont like that sound. Its clearer, and more focused, but i love adding two voices together. Its more Arty sounding to me. Its the same as i do guitars really. A mix of vocal takes. Yes, that is not as focused or standard,but its sound so much cooler to my ears. People dont play around with there vocals much. I dont know why that is????

DACE>

DACE......just a suggestion.

Why not do some of the vocals single track and another part doubled. Lots of vocals are recorded with a single voice doing a verse and a double tracked (or multi tracked) chorus.
I know that your songs do not follow the standard verse / chorus type song but I think that if you use both in a song it will give more colour and variation.

Your choice....I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the way you do it.....but it might be worth an experiment Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

edrury wrote:Really nice, love the vocal style and it's great to hear it right out in front where it belongs. Also love the drum patterns and for that matter the bass as well. It's a solid mix top to bottom. Excellent!

Thanks SO for the wonderful comment Ed....Smile
Im super happy with tune... thanks to Rick..!
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick k Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 am

Dace, Thanks so much for this.

You are a true pal!!! Smile
Rick k
Rick k

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:35 am

Rick k wrote:Dace, Thanks so much for this.

You are a true pal!!! Smile

Thank you Rick...It was allmost like you were here....Smile

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Sounds fantastic Dace! Ace vocals Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Peter..I do that. and also some lines DRY, the rest FXed. Parts of line one, the other half dubed. Thats why theres a flux in levels with my vocals. I guess i blend good some times. But i TRY to NOT blend vocals perfect. I want it to be heard that it is two at once. As i do with guitar..Smile

Thanks Steve...Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down