F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL

2 posters

Go down

NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL Empty NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:01 am

DEMO- Blackstar Flying V by globaltrancemission

Another demo using just the Blackstar valve pedal straight into the mixer with only reverb added only this time with my Epiphone Flying V.
The humbuckers are much higher output than the Fender single coils and drive the valve much harder creating anything from Blues tone to Shred Metal.
This time the setting is replicating an American style valve amp starting with full bass, mids and treble.
Start with pedal on /zero gain Bridge Pu
0.46 Switch to both PU's
1.28 Switch to Neck PU
2.31 Bass rolled off to 60%. Mids scooped to zero and full treble (this remains on the rest of the track)......Bridge Pu
3.15 Switch to both PU's
3.45 Switch to Neck PU
4.13 Gain added 20% Bridge PU
5.07 Switch to both PU's
6.03 Switch to Neck PU
7.13 Still on Neck PU with guitar tone rolled down to zero
8.10 Still on Neck PU with guitar tone rolled down to zero.....Gain pumped up to 50%
8.51 to end Back to Bridge PU full tone with gain still at 50%

Gain past 50% with this guitar is overkill !!!!!!
Hope you enjoy this little trip from Blues to Hard Rock to Bone crushing Metal.
This pedal is a real good alternative to a Tube Amp......you can turn any amp into a screaming monster with it....but just think what it would be like used with a Tube amp.

globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL Empty Re: NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL

Post  DACE Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Gona rest and get caught up online before i listen..Dont want to rush it because im enjoying this stuff SOO much.

Be back later..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL Empty Re: NEW BLACKSTAR DEMO WITH FLYING V -FROM BLUES TO METAL

Post  DACE Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 am

Yes, Peter, VERY WARM sounding Guitar. Full, and round. Those are some great pups from what i hear. I can tell them from what the Blackstar is giving. I sure hear more output also.

As of right now (im) on Single coils because i have not used then in 15 years and just really enjoy the change. But i miss my hum-pups for dirty, AND clean tones also. Hums are NOT just for more output. They give a rounder sound. Really i love them for claen as much as gain. But my strat is giving a new feel tone wise, I find myself playing different , New, licks and bends.

I feel its important to have both guitars for recording. its a matter of how you input them into a track. Z is VERY good at that. I blend mine so much one canmt tell. But with Zs can can hear the difference in the guitars. LOVE THAT!

Very nice sound from both guitars thru this pedal.
SO, you can give us a KORG, and a KORG-BLACKSTAR, demo also.

This is all showing also what a great guitarist you are man! HELL Peter. You play guitar very good man!

And its seems we are finding new ways to share things music-wise. This is very good.

Wondering....Could you run your KORG into your Amp, down very low and Mic it up?? Love to hear that mix of sound. I have found i dont have to have my Amp up loud to mic it, on about 2...I just crank the mic more. But you may not even have a Mic???

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks DACE.....When I record these there is no planning....I just improvise like a practise session and play whatever comes. Thats how I record on tracks as well....it just comes naturally.

When I listen to these two recordings it strikes me how much more alive the sound is from the Fender.
I agree that you need both and the Epi V is still a nice guitar.....sometimes you need that extra humbucker power and even clean you get a different ...as you say ..more rounded sound.
Don't forget I have a third guitar which is even more powerful....the Greco Les Paul Custom lawsuit model from the 80's. Even more powerful than the V. A Mega Huge sound....featured on Winds of Change on the Darkstarcruiser album.
The Fender Jaguar is my chosen guitar now above the others.
I have learned a lot from doing these demos and even surprised myself at all the different tones to be had....its something to explore and select more carefully when putting a track together.

I also have another Distortion Pedal....totally different to the Blackstar.....the Boss MT2 Metal Zone. That one gives a similar sound to the Insane preset that z uses......in fact most modelling pedals like the Pod based it on the MT2 because it is the biggest selling Metal pedal in the world.

I will soon be doing some Korg demos using just the Korg....but I will split them up into different types of sounds. For instance I need one for the Pitchshifter/ Harmoniser alone because it is quite versatile.
Also need one for the weirder sounds in there.....it has a strange Step Sequencer and it has synth sounds built in that can be played on the guitar.....it wouldn't replace my synths as its a bit gimmicky but it is different as is the Drone setting that replicates a sitar.....you don't get those on the Pod !!!!!

After that then maybe some using the Korg and the Blackstar......and the Metal Zone too.

Sorry cannot do the amp mic'ing version though.....my amp is not accessable and as it would be mono output it would not be that good IMO. I do have a mic.....an old Shure Unidyne III 545D dynamic which must be about 30 years old.

In fact I have a whole load of unused equipment laying around somewhere that I never use.....some of it is quite valuable too like the Sherman Filterbank (look that one up) and Korg Kaoss Pad and Electribe sampler.
A Marshall Drivemaster OD pedal around somewhere and an original Small Stone Phaser.

Even got an old Watkins Copicat Tape echo machine but its no longer in a usable condition....worn out over the years....a bit like me Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Awesome...Yes I had a BOSS Metal Zone when they first came out...It was to over the top for me, even then. And it only sounded good to me maxed out on gain. But was VERY cool to have when i got it YEARS ago..Smile It was the first one that is worth alittle now.

And Yes, line6 used that, but theres somehow is smoother and warmer,, strange. They are just "models" tho..Not the same, but very near. Its in how you set your bass-mids-treb- with line6. So that makes everyone sound different useing there same gear. VERY cool. And like i said before, ALL the Amps sound alot different..There not just a repete in a different looking box. They keep moving forward, love that.

FENDER and MARSHALL Amps all pretty much, sound the same. But there different kinds of Amps, So...Yes...

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm

DACE wrote:Awesome...Yes I had a BOSS Metal Zone when they first came out...It was to over the top for me, even then. And it only sounded good to me maxed out on gain. But was VERY cool to have when i got it YEARS ago..Smile It was the first one that is worth alittle now.

And Yes, line6 used that, but theres somehow is smoother and warmer,, strange. They are just "models" tho..Not the same, but very near. Its in how you set your bass-mids-treb- with line6. So that makes everyone sound different useing there same gear. VERY cool. And like i said before, ALL the Amps sound alot different..There not just a repete in a different looking box. They keep moving forward, love that.

FENDER and MARSHALL Amps all pretty much, sound the same. But there different kinds of Amps, So...Yes...

DACE>

I think that my Metal Zone MT2 may be a later improved model DACE. It has a bass , 2 x midrange and a treble control on it. You can get some good variations using that with different gain settings.

I think that it all depends on how you set things on any of these pedals that make the difference. Also each guitar needs its own settings so none of the factory presets are ideal until you tweak them to what you need.

The Korg is great for easy setting as all the main tweaks are done with the knobs.

You can also assign settings to the foot pedal if you want to bring them in and out for live use or assign then to a control switch.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:42 pm

From what i have read over the years, the First one was better. But that holds true with most gear that is updated only because the first on sets the tone for set-gear. So, yes, They added some things to the MT-2. Mine was the first one. Just TO MUCH gain for me. But that was a VERY long time ago. VERY!, so i might LOVE it now.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down