F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACKSTAR DEMO with FENDER JAGUAR

2 posters

Go down

BLACKSTAR DEMO with FENDER JAGUAR Empty BLACKSTAR DEMO with FENDER JAGUAR

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:03 am

DEMO-Blackstar Jaguar by globaltrancemission

As promised here is the Blackstar pedal with my Fender Jaguar.

This was recorded just using the pedal straight into the mixer where reverb only was added. There was no EQ or compression or processing done.....not even Normalising or Mastering. So this is a true demo of what you get.

Each setting starts with the bridge PU then both PU's together and then the neck PU.

First section has the gain at zero with the pedal on. This adds warmth and natural valve compression.This is set up as a Class A British sound like a Vox AC30 on clean.

At 2.08 the gain is turned up to 10 o' clock.

At 4.48 the setting is changed to sound more like a Marshall and the gain is increased to about 12'o clock (halfway) also played some pick harmonics.

At 7.02 the setting was changed to a more modern American Valve amp sound and the mid was scooped out.

There are a lot more sounds that can be found .....this is just a short run through with no extra processing.

I can run this through the Korg Tone works to add other FX.......but I wanted to just demo the raw tone of this powerful pedal.....and my excellent Jaguar of course.

Hope you enjoy this demo .......look forward to your comments Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BLACKSTAR DEMO with FENDER JAGUAR Empty Re: BLACKSTAR DEMO with FENDER JAGUAR

Post  DACE Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 am

Ok...WOW! Awesome sounds Peter! But its how you play here that shows the FX SO well man! You let stuff ring out, hit some cords, stop notes to hear the "tail", all that is making the gear sound better.

To my ears, EVERY tone here sounds FAB! And your playing adds to that.

Cool VERY GOOD DEMO WORK PETER! Iv heard a TON of crappy demos in my time! this is REAL good on showing the gear off. Most props go's to YOU for that, but YES! AWESOME sounding FX pedal my friend!

Dirty tones are very clean and clear, very much like line6. I guess "they"-Companies, got digi-dirty-DOWN now....Really sounds great on the gain. Its allmost a layerd sound, like the dirty is mixed in with the clean tones. Very nice.

Wondering..it have a harmonizer on it??

Reverb sounds VERY good Peter!

Line6 CAN make great FX, and they do...But on most of the Amps, and the POD its there Amp sounds that are SO great. They DO have some VERY VERY Nice FX racks out, and on there high-end Amps. Zs Flextone-111 has nice FX, but still its best at Amp sounds and speaker sounds. Ofcoure Zs amp is Stereo, so that adds to the FX. But still its not there "thing" really. For FX alone, i would not pick line6 unless its was one of the Racks.

The ONLY reason i use FX at all is because of what they add to the tone setting im useing. I pay VERY little attention to the FX, ALOT to what they give the guitar-tone!
People prob think im an FX freak, but im sure not. its just i MUST add them to get my TONES! DRY tones are cool for two things with me, METAL, and BLUES and more in a live setting than recording wise.

Im getting interested in FX of late, but i KNOW i cant afford what i want in them.
The FX i want are 1000s of dollars. But when i get some work, FIRST thing im getting some FX. KORG will be very high on my list. Digitech will prob will tho. But im talking about at least 500.00 on FX pedal. You spend that much from anyone, you get great stuff. So, i might could get two at 250.00 each.??? KORG, yes, have to check them.. Smile Cool Cool

Im working on mine today. Have it done later.

ENJOYED THIS PETER! Thank you man!

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

DACE .....Thanks man but check it out again THIS IS NOT THE KORG it's the BLACKSTAR.

This is analogue.....this is a pedal with a valve inside it being driven.

I made this as a demo of the Blackstar and that is all I used.....the reverb is in the mixer used for recording. Bear in mind that the mixer is in my professional Audio workstation (Yamaha AW2816) so it does have a great reverb as its the same as fitted to the classic Yamaha studio mixers.

The Blackstar is not a multi FX it is purely a valve driven overdrive pedal/ preamp with knobs for gain, bass, treble, and volume plus one special knob which is called ISF which varies it from American Valve sounds to British Class A.
You use these settings to get your different tones.

If you stick this on the front of an amp it turns it into a monster.

Being Blackstar they are not cheap....but they are certainly one of the best. Smile

Last edited by globaltrancemission on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 pm

I will do some demos later on the Korg AX3000G ......now that has a great harmoniser / pitchshifter which I have been experimenting with. The pitch shifter in that is studio quality.

I will also do another shorter one for the Blackstar using a Flying V as the humbuckers drive the valve even harder into classic metal and it has rich overtones.

May also later do some demos of my synths .......if you want me to Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm

O! I thought it was the KORG FX, and blackstar gains...OK...Got it now.

Yes, want to hear the KORG FX....Smile

Im having probs online with my connetion, im try'n to upload, but its taking forever.

Did 2, and audio and a short vid.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks DACE Smile

And thanks for the compliments on my playing too.....its coming along fine I think .....and as you know it takes confidence to just sit down and record a guitar with no backing and make it sound interesting.

The real valve sounds in the Blackstar work just like a valve amp reacting to your playing......as you play harder it drives the valve harmonics. Even the good Digital models cannot emulate that and they kind of create a fizz.

On the Korg you have a send/return loop where you can patch in the Blackstar and you can turn off the Korg amps but still use the cabinet emulations if you want to. One advantage to doing that is that you can use the noise gate to cut down the hum a bit.

I'll talk a bit more about the Korg when I demo some of its features.

globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:29 pm

As you know, Z sent me the MOD-RAT, also a BOSS gate, so i can put those in front of the Amp or in the send&return. The BOSS gate is really strong gating, it cut ALL the noise and hiss out..Smile Work great after the RAT.

This is something that i can get a way better dirty tone doing. By setting the Amp or Pod to a nice clean tone, with the RAT-BOSS driving that tone. Im way better at setting clean tone. But i dont use dirty much in music really..If i do its one pass with like 3 clean under that. So i get lazy and just use the POD dirty settings i have.

But that is about to change when i get back to heavy recording. im gona have EVERYTHING I own hooked up ALL the time. But Im needing to get my LOTUS Metal-strat built first so i can have a Clean-rig setup, and a dirty rig. One 440, one DropC. Found the parts i need on ebay, waiting on paypal to clear me..Smile

When i get some Keys, im gona get a small mixer to have each rig ready to go at anytime. Keys-Bass-CleanGuitar-DirtyGuitar-Vocal. Want to find a BASS-POD for the bass. Be nice to have everything hooked to a mixer.

Anyway... Cool

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 am

If you are buying a mixer then check out the Behringer mixers. They are the best value and are not expensive and they make a large range from small mini mixers up to full size recording or live concert mixers.

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?cat=2846&cat2=2950&ob=p19&rl=&rh=&instock=0&blowouts=0&filter=&q=&form=search

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/

These new Korg FX might be worth a look as they have Bass effects included with the guitar Fx and they have USB to get the sounds into your computer..........plus they are ultra compact.

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?cat=2602&cat2=3556&ob=pop&rl=&rh=&instock=0&blowouts=0&filter=&q=&form=search

Also worth looking at is this Vox Multi FX (made by Korg) . This one has an actual valve inside (like the Blackstar).

http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXTONELABST
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am

Thanks so much Peter......MMmmmm....I really need to say something here and now to you and everyone here. Please KNOW how much it means to me, our friendship....Its post like this that i love so much. It reflects caring and thoughfulness. Its overwhelming man.

Peter...That you take the time, share your time with me, and think of me is just so wonderful man! Im really grateful for this. Your such a great friend Peter.

Z,Peter, Rick, Steve, Cindy, Nigel, others also, keep me sane in the fact there ARE people that think of others and not only themself, and care about others, ect. Its Real nice and Im very thankful for it all.

I SURE hope i give back that to these people.

I love you to death Peter! Im very proud to know you man!!! I think you understand what im feeling, i hope so.

This post reflects alot as ALL yours do Peter! I think so much of you for the type person your are. Thanks so much. Im gona look at everything you posted here. Very nice man!

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks a lot DACE.....I do understand and I am proud to call you a friend. Very Happy

You do give a lot back DACE.....you listen to my songs....you appreciate my efforts at guitar.....and you make great music. Also you post here even though there are few people that bother.

As far as I am concerned giving my time is an investment.....I have great friends here and I feel comfortable and I learn things. What more could I ask Question

New demo coming soon.....finishing it now Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Very Happy

MAN i have had SO much fun the last few days here..THANK YOU Peter!

cheers

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down