F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SYSTEM TOOLS VIRUS SCAM - WARNING

2 posters

Go down

SYSTEM TOOLS VIRUS SCAM - WARNING Empty SYSTEM TOOLS VIRUS SCAM - WARNING

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 am

I hope you avoid it but there is a nasty virus about called System Tools.

You will know as soon as you get it because it overides your Anti Virus Program with a new AV Program called System Tools which runs itself and warns you that you have lots of Spyware and Trojans in your system and the only way to remove them is to purchase System Tools.

This is of course a bogus program designed to get your details so that they can process extra transactions and rip you off big time Shocked Whatever you do do not panic and buy anything !!!!!!

It looks very scary because you get a big blue screen with a large red Warning sign and then it starts to run itself.
It then blocks off any attempts to remove it so you cannot do a System Restore or Remove the Program or Edit the Registry.

It hit my computer last night so I shut it down and used my spare laptop to Google for info.

Fortunately it is fairly easy to remove .......

Start up your computer and on boot up get it into Windows Safe Mode. If you don't know how to do that then Google it now to find out.
When in Safe Mode do a System Restore to an earlier point.
When completed do a virus and spyware scan to check and run a registry cleaner if you have one.

Cleared mine up in half an hour but it looked very scary when it first appeared Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

SYSTEM TOOLS VIRUS SCAM - WARNING Empty Re: SYSTEM TOOLS VIRUS SCAM - WARNING

Post  DACE Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 am

Yep, I still have it in a way...I found a "go-around", but its still on my drive. I have to login as another user. I have spent hours doing all the "SO CALLED" fixes....I DID find a go around tho....So??

It saves the prog...you need to delete that. (FIRST)
The "boot-up" thing i heard works for some. I may not have done that right??

Yes, Safe-mod is a MUST, because it blocks your action if not.

This ones a MOTHER!

STILL have (part) of one from 4 years ago, its in my CD drive, or player..!! TRIPPY.
Theres a go around in that fact. But my CD drive wont play.

ALSO...Theres other Virus-parts stuck on my PC from YEARS ago.
Some are in Windows, (from that virus).
Dont feel you ever get rid of ALL the virus. Parts stay somewhere on ya PC.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 am

This one a month or more old Peter...Strange you just now get it.
TONS got this one.

WHY would people be like that??? Just DONT get it. Money is NOT that important!!!
Will people EVER get that??? HELL NO! there fucking to stupid!

Good luck Peter..Sounds like your safe on this now.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks DACE......yes all is ok now.

You need to get these things out of your registry to kill them totally.....I used a free registry cleaner which is very good.

You can get it here:

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

That might clear up some of your old problems and speed up your computer also Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 am

Peter..in 6 years! NEVER has a free-DL online helped me with virus things..EVER!

I just find and do what i can here. That free shit is a prob some times also.

So, nah...

I know where we got ours, from Myspace. Was when we were leaving the site. DLing our files...So those have been checked and cleaned now. NO more MS! here.

Sometime a Virus is time-based...You get it, and its awhile before it takes over. Some are on a "loop". Every few weeks, they kick in and jack you up.

These are small-unstable-programs, ya never know what they might screw up.
I would guess, to 'test' one, you would send it out and see what happens???

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

DACE wrote:Peter..in 6 years! NEVER has a free-DL online helped me with virus things..EVER!

I just find and do what i can here. That free shit is a prob some times also.

So, nah...

I know where we got ours, from Myspace. Was when we were leaving the site. DLing our files...So those have been checked and cleaned now. NO more MS! here.

Sometime a Virus is time-based...You get it, and its awhile before it takes over. Some are on a "loop". Every few weeks, they kick in and jack you up.

These are small-unstable-programs, ya never know what they might screw up.
I would guess, to 'test' one, you would send it out and see what happens???

DACE>

Understand what you're saying DACE....and yes sometimes you can't totally get rid of them without totally cleaning the entire system and starting again.....I've been there before myself.

Getting the registry cleaned helps a lot. That controls the computers boot up and if you remove the entry for that software it will not start up when you boot up the PC.
Some viruses may be able to rewrite themselves into the registry.....not seen one yet though.

System Restore and a good Anti Virus system should clean the registry anyway but running a reg cleaner gets rid of all sorts of other redundant entries that slow the PC down like stuff left over from programs that you have uninstalled or deleted.

I feel sure that I have totally removed this one....but if it comes back I'll let you know.....I think I know where it came from.

Z knows more about these things than I do Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down