F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need ya help with a Job app.

5 posters

Go down

Need ya help with a Job app. Empty Need ya help with a Job app.

Post  DACE Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:24 pm

(References) on me, my love for guitars, and passion for music, recording, ect, ect.

Take your time and write a few if you like, or edit as you think of things to say about me.

This is for 2 Job-Apps for (custom) guitar building companies.

Header should be something like:
(Reference) on DACE YATES, BY: (your name) and email addy please.
Maybe some info on who you are also, age, music, ect. (just so they know your not some 20 year old).. Laughing

Feel free to talk about gear and music and how both are part of who i am.

State my passion, and how you feel I would benefit there growing company.
(note..these guitar sell from 2500 to 5000 dollar range)

The longer the better, because im only gona give them about 6 to them.

Got a few weeks to get this done. But i need your help on this for sure.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need ya help with a Job app. Empty Re: Need ya help with a Job app.

Post  DACE Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Use your own words...But dont forget, its to get a Job...Tell them of my passion, and that im a all-or-nothing, excited person...Just state what I am, and im good i think..Smile
These guys play music, so that can be a big part of this. Thats gos hand-in-hand with building i feel.
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edrury Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 pm

I may take a stab on it in the morning. My brain is fried for today, but I'll take a shot first thing on the morrow.
edrury
edrury

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

edrury wrote:I may take a stab on it in the morning. My brain is fried for today, but I'll take a shot first thing on the morrow.

Thank you SO Ed...Smile

Posting some info on one company...(BML)

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:46 am

Here is some info on BML guitars.

Found them on the local news...No web-site yet.

(you REALLY need to SEE these guitars)..i will try to get some pix.

BML Guitars

BML Guitars: Music Makers and Works of Art

What’s rocking in Suite 123 at the Business Development Center?

Retro-futuristic™ guitar designs focused on superior sound, a unique look and the best in playability, according to BML, Inc. partners Bruce Bennett, Kevin Maxfield and Steve Lewis.

BML’s hand-crafted axes break the electric guitar mold with original contours, colors and top-of-the-line components. The distinctive guitars, designed by John Backlund, a South Dakota illustrator and artist, appear to be in tune with pickers.

"We have a unique design and it’s working for us," Bennett says. "Sales are climbing daily for an item that ranges from $2,800 to $4,200. It’s like an economic about-face."

The partners, who think of their BDC space as a High-Efficiency Custom Shop, say the guitars they make are a mix of 1959 and 2059 in terms of style. On his website, Backlund describes one model as "the result of crossbreeding a motel sign, dinette set, and maybe a vintage kitchen appliance or two with an electric guitar."

And admirers who like the tear-drop shapes, mahogany bodies and steel-plated accessories think of the guitars as works of art, as well as musical instruments.

In 2001, Bennett and Backlund met in an online chat room where Backlund had posted his guitar "doodles." The two worked for seven years on the first prototypes, the JBD 100 and 200 models. Bennett says Backlund’s drawings take months to engineer into reality, but the innovative designs could revolutionize the electric guitar industry.

All BML guitars feature the latest in pickup technology, quick-change string modifications, built-in chromatic tuners and locking tuning keys.

"We have been called the next iconic guitar style," Bennett says.

While BML works on projects on an order-by-order basis, Bennett says they hope eventually to make a few standardized guitars. They are also working on amplifiers and effects pedals designed in the same style as the guitars.

"We would like to bring about a whole new look to stages everywhere," Bennett saya. "Most contemporary guitar designs are 40 to 60 years old now; it’s time for something fresh and exciting."

Bennett is the master luthier for the shop, while Maxfield handles most of the marketing and artist relations. Maxfield is also director of the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, located in the BDC.

"The personal and business relationships that have been formed at the BDC have been a very important part of the successes that we are seeing," Maxfield says. "We have done business with at least nine different companies that are located in the building with us, and the proximity to a support group is extremely important."

After several years of executive management with local manufacturing companies, Lewis is co-owner of Go Fish Clothing & Jewelry store on Frazier Avenue. He handles a large part of the day-to-day operations of the BML enterprise. According to Maxfield, BML sales are domestic for the most part, but the company’s guitars are gaining interest in England, Italy, Australia and Canada. "Japan loves these guitars," he says. "We are having a lot of inquiries from other countries, and we’ll be participating in international trade shows in the coming year."

BML, which is advertising in Guitar Player magazine, counts Austin blues master Dizzy G. Gillespie among its customers.

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edrury Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 am

Yeah, I'm not much good at this sort of thing...though usually people I do these for somehow get the job, grant, whatever. Myself on the other hand can't seem to land anything lol Here's a draft...

In reference to DACE YATES,

To whom it may concern,

My name is Ed Drury and I may be contacted at wadjula@aol.com. By way of introduction, I am a multi-instrumentalist who composes music for television and film with over two decades experience. I play guitars, keyboards, a variety of percussion instruments, flutes and didgeridoo. I also perform and do artist residencies in schools throughout the Pacific Northwest. I have collaborated on tracks with Dace on several occasion via the internet as well followed his musical career for approximately five years now.

Dace Yates is a skilled artist, guitar builder and engineer. He has a passion for music as which is reflected in his constant experimentation with sound. Dace has a keen ear and yet is fearless in explorations of dissonance as well as unusual rhythmic structures. Dace's music showcases all his unique and adventurous skills while at the same time reflecting a deep spiritual connection. He conveys his strong defiance of convention while at the same time he keeps everything grounded and real. I know his musical journey is just beginning and it will be exciting to follow because his skill set is constantly being enhanced by his drive to learn new skills.

With regards,

Ed Drury
edrury
edrury

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 am

Thank you so Ed.
This is perfect i feel because all you have stated is so much what BML is about and try'n to do.

I have to put together a "package" to give them. Theres SO many things I have to offer them. Will be hard work getting it together. Iv done SO many things in my life that will aid me if i can present it to them right.
I have heard Bruce play guitar and know my music will tell him alot about me.
All my years building houses, painting, wood-working, working on guitars, ect, ect, need to be put in front of him the right way.
ALL this should refect my passion. All this should show him im a person he may want to give a chance.
Im starting with some short Emails, then im going to Call him a few times and talk, then go there in person to talk and drop off my info.
This is all a HUGH mountain to climb, but one worth my time.

Anyway...Thanks a TON Ed....Very nice writing and words on me.
Its a very exciting venture for me.....Steping up to where i (need) to be.
Yes, i worry i might fail again...But o well, the venture is worthy of that also.
I WILL GET THIS.....Some how, ill find there right thing to get myself in the door.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 am

In reference to Dace Yates,

My name is Mike Cooley, and I've known Dace for six years. I can be contacted at 'zefuldar @ comcast.net'
I am a guitar player, song writer, and member of several indie underground bands including Gotham Steel, and Skin Deep.
I have worked with Dace on multiple albums with a variety of bands, including Damnation Allies.

Dace is a great musician with a passion for music and guitars. He has a great eye when it comes to design and look,
and he is one hell of a guitar player. I have worked with him on musical compositions for years and admire his work ethic,
vision, and ideas about music.

He knows a ton about gear, and guitars and what makes a guitar look, sound, and play the best. Dace eats, sleeps and
breathes music. He has great attention to detail. I have seen some of his home-built, custom guitars, and they are stunning.

You are not going to find anyone who works harder or is more enthusiastic than Dace. And boy does he know guitars!

--Mike

z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Again, Perfect, and thank you So Z..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Dace, I'm not that good expressing things in words, but I'm really going to try to write something for you this weekend.
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  edrury Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Is this one?
Need ya help with a Job app. Jbd900_full

Yes Ed..in a way it is...This is a drawing the designer did....Bruce (BML) is building them..Wait till you see the REAL thing...This one is NOTHING! plan, and not the style BML is working with right now.....But YEP...Smile

They worked together 7 years on the one there building....WAY cooler than this (drawing).

DACE>
edrury
edrury

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Cool 50's styling Dace Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm

Star4mation wrote:Dace, I'm not that good expressing things in words, but I'm really going to try to write something for you this weekend.

Thank you SO Steve...You will do fine, and can add or edit for a few weeks if you need or want to.

Ed...I hit Edit on yours by mistake....(with my RE)....But, no prob..

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Here a few more (drawings) by- Backlund-Designed-guitars. Ideas from these are in the BML built guitars.

Need ya help with a Job app. Jbd30010
Exciting stuff to me.
Need ya help with a Job app. Jbd40010
Cool.
Need ya help with a Job app. Jbd80010
Unreal and awesome guitar design...
Need ya help with a Job app. Jbd10010

These guitars remind me of myself....Butch has a mind like mine also.
I just MUST work for the dude! MUST!

I will TRY to get some pix of REAL BML built guitars..SO much better than the drawings.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edrury Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I understand they are building a guitar for Joe Walsh.
edrury
edrury

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 am

edrury wrote:I understand they are building a guitar for Joe Walsh.

Yes...They are try'n to get big-names attached to there name. And with there price range, who eles will have the cash... Laughing Laughing Its smart biz on there part.
PRS got Santana and that was enuff..Smile

But there main thing is moving guitars forward and bringing the past with them..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick k Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:29 am

Dace, I will do a write up this week for ya!!

rick
Rick k
Rick k

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 am

Rick k wrote:Dace, I will do a write up this week for ya!!

rick

Thanks good buddy..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick k Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 pm

I've been involved with guitars all my life. My Father was a luthier who built classical instruments for the Duquense University
Tamburitzans and from him I learned how to build guitars. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to build an SG style guitar
for Buck Dharma which he used at live shows in the 70's and 80's. Also I've been playing for around 49 years and still use the
SG I built for myself back in 1973. Dace and I met thru music sites and being guitar lovers our paths joined and have not parted.
Dace is one of the most dedicated and passionate fellows I've met when it comes to building and playing the guitar. We've known each other for going on 6 years now and I've seen the work he can do and the quality he brings to the craft of guitar building, innovative and smart, thats how I describe his approach. he will make a great addition to your team.

Regards,
Rick W Kresiak
Rick k
Rick k

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:33 am

PERFECT again..And THANKS SO RICK..Smile
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Ref: Dace Yates

My name's steve Jones. (contact: steve@jonesxs.freeserve.co.uk) I'm not a guitarist (I play synths and I'm also a digital artist) but after meeting Dace, I want to be a guitarist too! His passion for the guitar, whether he's building, customising or playing, is beyond belief! There's little he doesn't know about his craft and he is so enthusiastic in his music making, he really inspires creativity in all who know him.
Dace is an outstanding craftsman and would be a real assit to your company.
Regards
Steve Jones. England.
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Thank you Steve..Smile Perfect.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:30 pm

DACE wrote:Thank you Steve..Smile Perfect.

DACE>

No probs Dace. You really deserve this job Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum