F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW recording PC topic.

3 posters

Go down

NEW recording PC topic. Empty NEW recording PC topic.

Post  DACE Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:07 am

As of right now, im still waiting.
UPS said it would be here today.

Will post pics when i get it setup in the studio.

Been searching all my sites for old tunes. Be putting those into folders/Albums.
Gona try to find a DL/ALBUM site for all my old music.

Update this as is unfolds.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW recording PC topic. Empty Re: NEW recording PC topic.

Post  z Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:29 pm

DACE wrote:As of right now, im still waiting.
UPS said it would be here today.

Will post pics when i get it setup in the studio.

Been searching all my sites for old tunes. Be putting those into folders/Albums.
Gona try to find a DL/ALBUM site for all my old music.

Update this as is unfolds.

DACE>

That will be awesome!!!

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 pm

PC is HERE! But got to do the Flea market tomarow first..Sad Had a BIG load gave to us..and its kids toys and stuff, so should make some cash off it.

Will get the PC setup tomarow afternoon.

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:33 am

Ok...SUPER NEW PC! I have it hooked up now and ACID installed...Also gona have old setup hooked up to. Some loading of progs, and songs to do today.

Take pics soon, prob later today.

I must say the sound is WAY better...GREAT soundcard in it.
Has DVD, CD, And floppydisk on the HUGH drive..Smile

OK...back at it...SO fun..Smile

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:41 am

Dimension 8200 DELL!

NEW recording PC topic. Img_6710

ALL wireless-Mouse,Keyboard!

NEW recording PC topic. Img_6810

Nice soundcard-DVD-CD-FLOPPY-DRIVE!

NEW recording PC topic. Img_6811

Old Laptop still hooked up also..Smile

NEW recording PC topic. Img_6812
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am

That's a nice one!
We use all DELL at work.
They are pretty dependable.

BIG UPGRADE for you!!!!

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:07 am

LOLOLOL...Tought I was ALL good to go with the new setup lastnight...Went out the to record a (demo) thing that Peter was talking of, and NO signal to my recorder in ACID...I spent HOURS! reading, looking, checking, re-installing..NOTHING!

Then when i got up this morning i remebered having this prob before. ALL it was was my (settings) It was set on Mic not Line-recording... Laughing ONE fast click, ALL fixed...I felt stupid.

Anyway....guitar and bass in pawn for a month..Sad but i got a mic, so i will do something demo-wise. Be a GREAT time to find a keyboard while i have nothing eles to record with. That way i could spend alot of time on that and not be in a hurry to record other insterments.....(guitar-Bass)

But i know pretty much what i do with Keys. I just run a cheap (casio) type board into the POD and get a sound i like. rather easy really. Those type keyboards have a pretty good basic-sound, then add some FX and they sound VERY nice really.

Maybe i can pick one up before i get my guitars back. Doing the market Trus-Fri & sunday... Those have allways been good days at the markets.

ANYWAY.... Laughing

cheers

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Nice!

Keep us posted!

I'm just trying to stay out of trouble....

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 pm

I should be able to get my Guitar and bass out Friday..Smile

Z....The AKG is awesome! love the sound it has. Like my other 2 mics also, but the behringer does not have an on off switch, Hate that! But sounds ok. The AKG is so great tho..I just cut the cord and wired it to 1/4".

Rick is sending me some cords and addators i think.

A dude i know has a 60-60watt, stereo-2-10 (Rocktron) guitar amp. He said $100 for it. I would give $75.00 for it if he would take that...So, im thinking on asking him. I might could swing that??? but i dont "need" an amp really right now, but ya know.

Z (droping off Mikes CDs) Friday..Smile have not seen him since he left out. talked on the phone once is all. Be good to see him, give him his Album. Im giving him me new one and the AFR album also. I will tell him there form me and you. Thanks for the help bro.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:11 pm

DACE wrote:I should be able to get my Guitar and bass out Friday..Smile

Z....The AKG is awesome! love the sound it has. Like my other 2 mics also, but the behringer does not have an on off switch, Hate that! But sounds ok. The AKG is so great tho..I just cut the cord and wired it to 1/4".

Rick is sending me some cords and addators i think.

A dude i know has a 60-60watt, stereo-2-10 (Rocktron) guitar amp. He said $100 for it. I would give $75.00 for it if he would take that...So, im thinking on asking him. I might could swing that??? but i dont "need" an amp really right now, but ya know.

Z (droping off Mikes CDs) Friday..Smile have not seen him since he left out. talked on the phone once is all. Be good to see him, give him his Album. Im giving him me new one and the AFR album also. I will tell him there form me and you. Thanks for the help bro.

DACE>

Nice! I'm sure Mike will be stoked to get that.
Probably the best thing he'll get from ANYONE.
You're good for him.

Glad to help!

Glad you like the AKG. It's made for vocals. I wasn't using it. I got used to these Octava things, and I'm using a Shure 57 right now too.

Z

z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Z...Look into these (blueball) mics. Heard GREAT things about them. great for amps. And there not to high$.
Hope you get some gear from "Santa"...

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:34 pm

DACE wrote:Z...Look into these (blueball) mics. Heard GREAT things about them. great for amps. And there not to high$.
Hope you get some gear from "Santa"...

DACE>

Not sure about gear, but I can probably get someone to gifttwrap their boobs for me... Cool
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm

You all know that I don't do vocals but I have a mic left over from 1980 !!!!

Its a Shure Unidyne III 545D which apparently is the forerunner to the Shure 57 in fact it has the same capsule.

Recently I have been playing around with vocoders in my Access Virus synth (complicated but there are some presets).......yet another thing that I might do a demo for......watch out for those evil robot voices Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  z Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:You all know that I don't do vocals but I have a mic left over from 1980 !!!!

Its a Shure Unidyne III 545D which apparently is the forerunner to the Shure 57 in fact it has the same capsule.

Recently I have been playing around with vocoders in my Access Virus synth (complicated but there are some presets).......yet another thing that I might do a demo for......watch out for those evil robot voices Smile

That would be cool. Always loved the Laurie Anderson vocoder / violin thing she does.

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Peter...I hope you hear in my vocal work im try'n MORE to use voice as an insterment than than i am try'n to "sing". Im no "singer" I do have my natural-voice, we ALL do. I just try to use it as i do guitars, bass, drums, loops, ect. Im really not try'n to "sing" tho.

SO, yes, you can work your voice into your music. Start with FX. As you do this you will find how you can use your voice in your music.

I even do alot of FX with my voice, as you have heard.

Run your Mic thru your new FX box with HEAVY FX on them. Like fast-phaser, tons of verb, and just make voice sounds.

Great idea Peter. Your full of them of late..Smile Time off from work is letting all that come out of you..ROLL WITH IT...Why not??? Its your life now Peter. Have some FUN.
We "Play" music...not "work" it. Thats the idea anyway. You cant do anything "wrong" if your "playing" music.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down