F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTE

+2
globaltrancemission
DACE
6 posters

Go down

VOTE Empty VOTE

Post  DACE Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 pm

I would like vote from Z, Steve, and Peter, and Rick if he see's this, on changing the BLACK background here to WHITE...The white font would need to be black i guess?

Im DEPRESSED enuff...The BALCK here is killing it. And that its DEAD...Can we MOVE INTO THE LIGHT PLEASE! Laughing

Vote on this change please. If that will even happen.. Rolling Eyes

And NO, I dont want to just change (my) settings...If i invite people here, i want them to come into the LIGHT..Not a dark pit!

The old Anubes was WHITE! I think that helps a forum. MIX forum is DARK..And it feels that way for me.

PAPER is white, NOT black.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

VOTE Empty Re: VOTE

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 am

As far as I'm concerned its just a background and what really counts is the content.

If you want to change it to white then that's OK with me.

What we really need is people posting here .....there are still people logging on but not posting anything or responding.
Without fresh posts or activity anyone invited here will just see a very quiet forum.

When Z finishes his book then perhaps this is something we need to look at.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:37 am

Well, it DOES matter Peter...The mind reacts to color..This darkness brings me down. It does others, and has something to do with the activity here or would NOT bring it up. DARK is dark....And its not good for talking and writing. It matters more than you might think..Will it help here, NO it wont. BUT, it will give it a chance to be better than BLACK, DARKNESS...Its depressing man. Its cold and uninviting.

I just feel if I invite people here it would be more inviting. As dead as it her is, what does it matter? only matters if you care about it. I see very little to care about of late here. There 3 of us that post and we SURE dont need this forum to do that with each other. Its about what COULD BE....Its not working here, we need to try something. Most times its something simple that makes thing work better.

You should care about this change Peter, becuse you do care about this forum. I know you do, you have shown that. Think of it like this..If i said Peter, let me show you something, then i walked you into a pitch black room, how would you feel about that? no matter the content, it would be strange and uneasy. The back of a screen is very important to mood, and activity.

Im not real sure that this place matters much to us? Because we have not been showing that, myself inclueded. So how can it matter if we get on some other project and blow off coming here? Been thru this many times and have YET to find a place that REALLY matters! As soon as the only one i knew started to show that, IT SHUT DOWN! So I wonder if we even need a "place"....Are we waisting energy? Its been 6 years for me with forums.

You are right about other people posting..We 3 have posted ALOT in the past, and its NOT enuff .....It wont make anything happen for us really. Could be a waist of time. But i dont feel the Anubes was a waist of my time even now that its OVER! So i dont really know about all that. I just BLACK is NOT good. Not for this kind of thing that is.

These are my thoughts, NOT MY CASE! I would like to have a Forum, but i SURE dont "need" one. Whats "needed" is to review other artist. THAT is the only way to get back. Forums are good also, but the MAIN thing is to support others, That 100% comes back to us. We are all here to share our music. IF we dont give others attention, we wont get any either.

Also...Being its simi-private..meaning one must join, that makes it VERY hard to get new people here. Its very much univiting.

Anyway..LOL.....

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Ok...I have beeen thinking on this whole thing. I came back online a got this forum rolling by being excited and glad to be back around the friends i missed so much.

That got people that dont post here, posting, and those that were, more so. Then all i heard was "I cant keep up" and dont have time for my music because of all the activity here.

So, i ask myself, can i do right?? I stoped posting, everyone ran off doing there thing. And thats what we should do i guess. We know each now after all these years, so lets just do what we want, and if we meet-up online some where, COOL...This is not going work here for many reasons. I tried this to death.

Im on MIX supporting people that make music, and posting my shit of FB...See ya there. If im needed here for something, let me know. Im taking this off my list of sites to check. There nothing to check. And i understand why, and am NOT mad about it. Its how it is. Im around.

I think everyone here also has my email addy.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 pm

DACE.....

I hope that you read this before you leave this forum.

Firstly to clarify about the colour scheme.....I did not say it doesn't matter.....I said it does not matter to me....in other words I will accept the change if you feel it matters to you.
I just personally like dark colours........but it doesn't bother me if you change it.

It's true that there are only 3 of posting here....and its true that nobody is posting music lately....but that is not due to lack of interest. I have been building up my websites and profile online (not very successfully LOL) and have not recorded anything new.
We all know that Z is writing his book and he has not logged in here since Saturday so he hasn't seen this post yet.

So .....yes ...I cannot deny that this forum is inactive at the moment and I can see your point.

So perhaps the question should be .......what has the forum got that you cannot achieve elsewhere.

I really thought that we had been through this scenario before.......we are honest here with our thoughts and reviews. You don't get that on Mixposure.

I am still having second thoughts about being on Mixposure as I cannot really see what I will get out of it. Until I feel sure then I will not feel happy about paying for a subscription.
In some ways the old Mixposure problem has never gone away.......you post a track.....you get a few reviews.....and two or three days later nobody is interested.
Most of the reviews are just a pat on the back saying that they enjoyed the track.

OK so you are networking with other artists.....but what will it achieve unless you want to do collabs?

I don't use Facebook but I guess its similar......Myspace is absolutely useless.

I guess the really big question is what do we want from our music????

Promoting music is about much more than social networking. Thats one reason why I have my own websites.
I have tried using links on OMD's and on social networking sites but mostly they just get ignored.

So why do I even bother to make music ??????

Sometimes I even have to ask myself that question.....but I always come back to the same answer.

Because I love it.....Because its in there and I have to let it out.....Mainly because it keeps me sane.

At the end of the day............if nobody listens or cares then I will still be making my music.

So even if I had 100 reviews per song on Mixposure what use would that be to me ????

I do manage to sell tracks and albums in small amounts and get heard by the public.......that means something to me and although I get no feedback that way I guess the fact that someone paid for my music is worth a thousand words !!!!!!!

To get back to the point................this forum.

The feedback I have had here just from z and you and Steve has meant more to me than what I get from most on Mix..........so I guess you can say this place is more important to me.

I feel far more of a connection here with people.

The Anubes has gone.....history.....it was great in its day but it too died.

I will just say that while you were away last time this forum was actually quite active although we still only had the same numbers. When we all start recording again things get pretty good here.

If there is anyone here who is the driving force its z.......when he took time out to do his book is when the posts dried up.

I also noticed the same thing whenever he was away for a few days.

I really hope you stick with us here DACE.....this is where your real friends are.....but if you do decide to leave then I wish you all the best.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm willing to give white a try, but I do think dark backgrounds are less hard on the eyes Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

If it works without me, im not needed..I do not see it that way. When im on a forum people take part..Without DACE! The Anubes would have been dead as hell. And iv seen the same here. I know for a fact i get people active..More than anyone.

The point is I WANT Feedback and plays on my music. When i support others, i get that..Pat on the back??? NOT with me. I mean what i say about peoples music. IM NOT PATING...Im supporting and interested in what they have done. And im blown away by the work!

We want different things from online. This is fine. I will support you because i love your music and thats ALL i have to give you. IF i had money i would ALSO BUY YOUR MUSIC!

Peter..you are my friend, and i like you very much. I dont need to be here..You do.
I will do almost anything for you. But this forum shit has never gave me what im online for. That is to LISTEN, COMMENT, and hope to get that for my music.

Z is my best friend...And i dont think that will change if im not here.

Another thing is Nigel hates me, lost respect for me, wont talk to me, all because of a forum! I cant let that happen with you guys.

Im there for you guys, just not here. Its not my thing.
FB is a great site of promoing my music. Mix is an awesome place that gives me what i want.

Not mad, no hard feelings..love you guys.

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am

Your choice DACE....your decision.....I respect that.

Stay in touch.........maybe pop back in occasionally if you feel the need.

I will continue to support your fine music also.

You can always find me if you want to Smile

Good Luck...........but still sorry to see you go Sad Sad Sad
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick k Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 am

I'm late which has been the case for me lately.
I think White would be cool!

Last edited by Rick k on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Rick k
Rick k

Back to top Go down

Post  z Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Wow. I finally made it back!
No problems on the color change Dace -- it's symbolic.
I will change it, and any who want it dark just change their theme.

Yeah, life has really got in the way of all my online activities lately.
Between getting the kid everywhere he needs to be, and finishing the novel (almost done!), I haven't been online much.

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  z Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Got it!

Lighter look.
Chatbox gone (did anyone ever use it anyway?).
New Logo image.

If you want the dark side, you should be able to change templates in your user settings....

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:25 am

z wrote:
Got it!

Lighter look.
Chatbox gone (did anyone ever use it anyway?).
New Logo image.

If you want the dark side, you should be able to change templates in your user settings....

Z

Welcome back Z

Well I like the dark format personally but there is no setting to change it that I can see.

Chatbox gone......no problem...never used.

New logo......I would prefer it to read Fortress of Solitude.....perhaps add it in smaller letters so that newcomers know what FOS stands for.

Most importantly though......the font needs to be darker to make it more readable.

Hope you will be back with us more Z......its too quiet here right now Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 am

Will do Peter. Let me check on those things...

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:08 am

Cool new colours Z!!
New logo too Smile Looks good!
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks! Still working on Font colors so no one goes blind....

I thought you could pick a theme in your use profile, but I don't see that anywhere.

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:21 am

The Black and dark blue fonts work OK Z Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Looks much better than Version 1.......its clear and bright .....but not blinding.

I could live with that Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:Looks much better than Version 1.......its clear and bright .....but not blinding.

I could live with that Smile

Thanks! Still trying to figure out how to allow users to switch themes....

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

I just love this look...Its gives off a great vibe for me. The logo is just AWESOME Z!

I have a very heavy case of deppersion I deal with every day. This REALLY helps with that for me. And it reminds me of the first Anubes site alot. Theres SO many Dark-sites...I think that what i like about FB also, and that there no big page-themes and crap.

Personaly im thrilled with you. And I thank you all for letting us change it. Means alot, and its helped me. Thanky...Smile

How do you guys feel about it??

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ZEST Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

The new colour and logo rocks! Good call DACE. I feel a lot more bright from this change Smile And out of the darkness...came the light.... Or something like that Wink Peace, Zest
ZEST
ZEST

https://twitter.com/zestradioshow

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:36 am

HI ZEST...Awesome to hear from you.

HEY! Look in (Killer Jams) for my tune (From the darkness)....Its about what you said. Its also the Title track for an up coming Album..Smile Very good lyric to it.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down