F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar

4 posters

Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar Empty Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar

Post  DACE Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 am

Smile Just got a call from Butch Lanham that he had my Red-Strat-copy all ready for me..Smile

Butch is the Man that filled in for Leon Wilkerson (Hats) when he passed away while they were on tour. Butch is old friends with the band. They grew up together and he has played with them on and off since the start of the band.

Butch owns and runs (Bighams Music) all by himself. He did my repairs..Smile Thought it was worth the space here.

This guitar allready had loads of Karma, now some more. I have some stuff to live up to with it. I will pick it up next week. Cant wait..Smile

(Z..Butch is one of the people i want you to meet down here.)

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar Empty Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar

Post  z Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Very sweet!
And stories like that totally belong here!

I do believe that having the right people touch a guitar does something.
I can't really explain it. But it's one of the things I look for when I pick up
a used instrument.

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar Empty Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd member Fixed my guitar

Post  DACE Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Z..You will love butch...He is SO down to earth...The first time i met him he said, lets go outside and smoke a cig....We sat and talked for at least 30mins, then went back in the store and he said, let me have you play thru this new amp. It was the first line6 flextone amp that came out. It was like he knew me forever. Hes just the coolest dude.

We will go see him next time your here. I would like him to see your Strat. he likes those alot. He would enjoy looking at it bro.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick k Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 am

Dace That is so cool!! Very Happy
It would be totally sweet if you guys did some jammin together sometime!

Rick
Rick k
Rick k

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Rick k wrote:Dace That is so cool!! Very Happy
It would be totally sweet if you guys did some jammin together sometime!

Rick

Yes, its kind neat...He is SO busy tho, with the store and life. And when he plays its with the Big stars...lol....But we have traded out in the store some..Smile His hearing is very bad, as you might guess, so you get to play VERY loud in his store..lolol..VERY loud....Last time i was in there he was testing a repair, i allmost has to go outside it was so loud.lololol....But its a fun little store. Its a Mom and Pop store he bought a few years back. He helped them out with repairs for years, and they sold him the store real cheap.

I will go pick up my guitar in a week...Smile Im going to make him play it befor i leave.
Butch is one of those players that are SO fun to listen to. And i want freash Karma on the guitar.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:15 pm

DACE....hey that's a really cool connection man.

I used to listen to a lot of Skynyrd and The Outlaws and Molly Hatchett too. Still got some on vinyl which don't get played now but I've got Skynrd on CD and on my mp3 player.
Still gets played too when i'm in the right mood.

Tell him greetings from the UK Smile Smile Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Awesome Peter..I WILL...and i know just what he will do...SMILE real big.

I cant wait to get the guitar...Pics, songs...Smile Single coils...have not had those in YEARS! Chris's strat made me want them again. there so PURE!

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down