F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Trancemission is in the building

5 posters

Go down

Global Trancemission is in the building Empty Global Trancemission is in the building

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello All,

As a once long time member of the Anubes until about 18 months ago many of you will know me already.

Sad about it's demise but maybe this could be a new watering hole for a weary musician LOL.

For those who do not know me I am Peter C alias Global Trancemission and I have a website at www.globaltrancemission.co.uk if you want to check out my info and music.

You will not find me on any OMD's as I have been there and got the tee shirt and it's not my thing any more.

My music is mainly electronic but I cover many of the genres in that field although at this time it is mainly ambient soundscapes, psychill or psybient.

I have always been in love with anything spacy and/or psychedelic !!!!

I also play guitar although I am not using them in my music at this time although I can rock when I need to..........ask Dace if you don't believe me !!!!

So that's my intro.....hope to meet you all new and old friends.

Peter C (Global Trancemission)
Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Global Trancemission is in the building Empty Re: Global Trancemission is in the building

Post  z Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Welcome Peter!
Yeah, I've seen you around, and already love your music!

If you need anything just ask.
Not really any rules here...

I expect the action here to be low... but many Anubes are already members.

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Global Trancemission is in the building Empty Re: Global Trancemission is in the building

Post  globaltrancemission Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks Z

I will check out some of your music soon and the ones with Dace on too.

I think business here may pick up when the Anubes is closed down but you can never tell.

I think most of the Anubes that I knew (old school) are signed up here so even if they just post occasionally at least we can stay in touch. It was never that busy at the Anubes except when the old Mixposure shut down and it all went crazy LOL.

Glad you like my music ....I am working on it more now and trying out new things.....I love experimenting.

See you soon,

Peter
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:Thanks Z

I will check out some of your music soon and the ones with Dace on too.

I think business here may pick up when the Anubes is closed down but you can never tell.

I think most of the Anubes that I knew (old school) are signed up here so even if they just post occasionally at least we can stay in touch. It was never that busy at the Anubes except when the old Mixposure shut down and it all went crazy LOL.

Glad you like my music ....I am working on it more now and trying out new things.....I love experimenting.

See you soon,

Peter

Cool.
You will probably like my newest stuff the best (Skin Deep -- Robots of Dawn).
Many of those are on Mix under the Skin Deep band name, but I will get some
posted here too...

I'm very experimental too. I will stop by your site and see what you're up to.
Feel free to embed players here with your tunes as well.

Z
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi Peter, nice to meet a fellow Brit synth player (just checked out your site, Love your soundscapes!!!) Looks like we have so much in common! (including Anubes friends)
I do a lot of fractals, and I do animations too! All my music and animations are here............

http://www.ubetoo.com/Star4mation

I'm mostly a digital artist but recently the Anubes decided I was also a musician (Who am I to disagree with the likes of Mr Potter and friends!!!)

Got loads of questions about synths and software, but that can wait.
Cheers
Steve:)
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GinjaBug Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:31 pm

hey gt...good to see you around!!!! you got to check out my collab with Z on my page, "the vicious circle". so far i think it's the last song i did lately...been having puter probs and been so busy i haven't had time for nothin!! but my muse is back, so hope to get some new stuff out soon.
i will check out your site too...love and hugs*+.
GinjaBug
GinjaBug

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=693311

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 am

Star4mation wrote:Hi Peter, nice to meet a fellow Brit synth player (just checked out your site, Love your soundscapes!!!) Looks like we have so much in common! (including Anubes friends)
I do a lot of fractals, and I do animations too! All my music and animations are here............

http://www.ubetoo.com/Star4mation

I'm mostly a digital artist but recently the Anubes decided I was also a musician (Who am I to disagree with the likes of Mr Potter and friends!!!)

Got loads of questions about synths and software, but that can wait.
Cheers

Hi Steve.....nice to meet you.

I have seen you around the Anubes and I have checked out some of your tracks which are cool. Very impressed with your artwork btw.

We do indeed have much in common in our musical interests and somewhat the way we approach our music with experimentation I believe Smile

I mainly use hardware synths because I prefer that way but I have used digital too and I have lots of VST instruments . Sometimes I have made hybrid recordings using both together recorded to a hard disk recorder (Yamaha AW2816)

ubetoo is a new site to me .....does it get much traffic ??? Looks interesting.

I don't use OMD's now but I used to be on SC and Mixposure (old and new sites)

I have 2 albums on CD baby which give me digital distribution on all the major sites: i-tunes amazon and napster being the big 3 and I manage to make some sales.
Better to make sales than to just rely on comments I think LOL.

You can always PM me if you need any info and I will try to help if I can.

Cheers,

PeterC (Global Trancemission)
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:52 pm

I've always wanted a hardware synth ( Moog ,VCS3, EMS or similar) Got to be Analogue!
Sadly I haven't the money or the space for one. I do have a 1984 Casio MT68 (somewhere) but I use VSTi's controlled with a Korg nanoKEY midi controller mostly.

Ubetoo is a useful site for generating a little cash. For every unique view your song or video gets, they will pay a percentage to you. The money comes from the advertisers. Money is payed monthly in Euro's to your PayPal account. In the first 2 months I made around £70, but since October 09 I've only made £7
I made so much money to start with on the account of 2 animations, one which has since been banned (girl in a micro bikini dancing) LOL

Steve Smile

Last edited by Star4mation on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 pm

GinNger wrote:hey gt...good to see you around!!!! you got to check out my collab with Z on my page, "the vicious circle". so far i think it's the last song i did lately...been having puter probs and been so busy i haven't had time for nothin!! but my muse is back, so hope to get some new stuff out soon.
i will check out your site too...love and hugs*+.

Hi GinNger

Checked out "the vicious circle" which was very cool. It struck me all of a sudden when listening that one common thing about the Anubes was that most of us were creative experimental artists in our various fields rather than being like sheep. We were all trying to constantly push through tthe barriers and refused to be constricted.

Your player at SC does not seem to work very well on some tracks btw.

I checked out the Water .......liked the chanting...always thought ethnic style chanting was very cool and its so difficult to get samples of this type of vocals.
Maybe you could do some on a GT track sometime in the future....that would good !!!

I too am a Cancerian Moonchild (8th July)

Be interested to hear what you think of some of my new tracks even though they're kinda weird !!!

Seeya later

PeterC Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Star4mation wrote:I've always wanted a hardware synth ( Moog ,VCS3, EMS or similar) Got to be Analogue!
Sadly I haven't the money or the space for one. I do have a 1984 Casio MT68 (somewhere) but I use VSTi's controlled with a Korg nanoKEY midi controller mostly.

You might be interested in looking on my site again as I have posted today on the pictures page the main synths that I use. These are not pictures of my actual synths but they are taken from Google images of the exact same models to save time.....i'm lazy LOL

Moog,vcs3, EMS......got to be analogue.

You know I also used to think like that .....I even owned an old analogue Roland once and they are not all that they are cracked up to be.

I use a Novation Supernova mainly for analogue sounds and you can make big powerful emulations on that which you would be very hard pushed to tell the difference.

My other favourite is the Access Virus B which has its own sound which can range from analogue to digital with anything in between as it has Spectral Waves mixed in with its oscillators like a Wavestation.

Needless to say the filters on both of these synths are excellent and different from each other.

Most people would say choose either a Virus or a Supernova putting them against each other but now that I own both I find they are quite different and really compliment each other.

However......back to the analogue question.

Having made and listened to ambient music and soundscapes for many years it may surprise you to learn that digital is used more in this style of music as it is more flexible.

Another synth that I own is the now very collectable Roland JD800 which is the finest digital synth ever made. Just check out all the names that use one
Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Gary Numan,Vangelis and just about every writer of big film scores. This synth is a huge monster with as many sliders as any analogue synth.

Coming back to earth though if you are never going to own these ( I collected my gear over about 12 years when I was working) then we look at VSTI's.

I have made many tracks and sold them using these some made purely on a laptop.

If you are creative enough and get the right programs then the results can be excellent.

I have a huge selection of these. I recommended the Arturia Mini Moog to Z and he ended up buying it. It does a fantastic emulation of the Moog and its polyphonic with its own fx and arpeggiator.

The big daddy if you can stretch that far is Reaktor.

For creative sounds it is unbeatable and can do things that a lot of hardware cannot do. Although I can make my hardware do a lot of things that Reaktor cannot do but that's another story.

Money or Space......not true !!!!

A good rack synth takes up very little space and your Korg can control it.

Good used hardware can be found at the same prices as a medium price VST which will go out of date in 12 months !!!!

A Waldorf Micro Q is a good bet. It is tiny and they can be found for as little as £150 on e-bay sometimes. I edit mine with a software editor and get some amazing original sounds !!!!

Sorry I typed a lot more than I mean't to. I hope you don't think I was ranting and I really hope you find this useful

Cheers

PeterC
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Cheers Peter, I will visit your site again soon (lots more music to listen to there still!) I only briefly visited yesterday.
Thanks for all the info too all useful stuff.
I too have a vast collection of VSTi's (really need to sort them out. over 100 and not all of them work with my host) All mine are free ones! There's thousands out there for free Smile

"I too am a Cancerian Moonchild" Yeah ME TOO!!!!! July 13th!!!

Catch ya later
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Wed May 19, 2010 3:23 am

woah! awesome! welcome! i don't get so much time to be around here these days but, welcome! cherry

flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down