Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:27 am

Found this dude to do plates for me..Smile
All my builds OVER 250.00 get one of these. (allways different style)
And Q-knobs.
(note the 0001) #ing....Smile
I can get these in Gold-Black-or Chrome.
There not that high compaired to the price of a blank-plate.
(from 15.00 to 25.00)
THE DUDES IS AN ARTIST...NO???? think so... Cool



And this one.
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  z on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am


Nice!
Maybe he can work a little Fungus into a design for you?

--Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  Star4mation on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 am

They look real nice Dace Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm

LOL...Z....Dudes an "artist" , so have to get to know him better for that... Laughing
IM stoked about what he has in his line.
SOLD on the Q knobs also...There 8.99 each, but WORTH it!
SO, One of these plates, and 10.00 rep-knobs is not a TON of money, and you get so much more than you pay really. Its the BEST stuff! Guitars will look VERY VERY good with some UP grading..Smile

Making guitars better in build is money WELL spent. Your build great guitars for people later on to own and play..Good thing to do for guitars i think. Find them, upgrade, put them back out there, repeat....Its all an art-form for sure.

THESE 2 i OWN...Smile love them allready...

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Star4mation wrote:They look real nice Dace Smile

Glad to hear you say that Steve...Because the dudes is an Artist...And you are..Was looking for your RE...Smile

I will post some more i like. I OWN these 2 tho..Smile

Just think on a guitar, what they will look like.

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  globaltrancemission on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 pm

They look great DACE...particularly the numbered one saying that they have a custom made instrument.

You should be able to get your top prices for guitars with all the things you do anyway but having a numbered plate on the instrument is like a kind of certificate and the new owner will be able to prove that he bought a real custom job ......BIG Selling point Smile

_________________
PeterC (Global Trancemission)

www.globaltrancemission.co.uk


http://www.darkstarcruiser.com
avatar
globaltrancemission
Admin

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2010-04-22
Age : 66
Location : United Kingdom

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  z on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm

That top one is kind of like the art they used to paint on the nose
of fighter planes back in WW II.

http://www.nose-art.net/Feature/featurepg.htm

Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  globaltrancemission on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 pm

z wrote:That top one is kind of like the art they used to paint on the nose
of fighter planes back in WW II.

http://www.nose-art.net/Feature/featurepg.htm

Z

That's exactly what it is Z....a 1940's pin up girl. I think that one comes from a wellknown drawing.

You can get transfers like that to go on guitar bodies .....Check these out:

http://www.hectic-hillbilly.co.uk/hectic_hillbilly_guitar_decals.htm


_________________
PeterC (Global Trancemission)

www.globaltrancemission.co.uk


http://www.darkstarcruiser.com
avatar
globaltrancemission
Admin

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2010-04-22
Age : 66
Location : United Kingdom

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes...Think there a smart add.

You guys are gona LOVE the next 2 Guitars...There VERY Retro/Custom... Cool
My OWN ideas on these 2.
There looking SO Awesome!!!!!!!! Im impressed!!!

Pix when there ready to see..Smile

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  Star4mation on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 am

globaltrancemission wrote:
z wrote:That top one is kind of like the art they used to paint on the nose
of fighter planes back in WW II.

http://www.nose-art.net/Feature/featurepg.htm

Z

That's exactly what it is Z....a 1940's pin up girl. I think that one comes from a wellknown drawing.

You can get transfers like that to go on guitar bodies .....Check these out:

http://www.hectic-hillbilly.co.uk/hectic_hillbilly_guitar_decals.htm


Great site Peter! I love retro pin-ups (done a few in my time) Prices on the site are very reasonable too Smile

Dace, Retro/Custom sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see 'em Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  globaltrancemission on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:25 pm

These are ready made and quite nice but you can make your own easily using an inkjet printer and your own art.

Imagine putting fractals on a guitar body Smile

They are not permanent though unless you seal them with clear lacquer. Fender used to do all their headstock that way.

Here is a good site for supplies and info:

http://www.lazertran.com/products/lazertran_products_inkjet.htm

_________________
PeterC (Global Trancemission)

www.globaltrancemission.co.uk


http://www.darkstarcruiser.com
avatar
globaltrancemission
Admin

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2010-04-22
Age : 66
Location : United Kingdom

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  Star4mation on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:34 pm

globaltrancemission wrote:These are ready made and quite nice but you can make your own easily using an inkjet printer and your own art.

Imagine putting fractals on a guitar body Smile

They are not permanent though unless you seal them with clear lacquer. Fender used to do all their headstock that way.

Here is a good site for supplies and info:

http://www.lazertran.com/products/lazertran_products_inkjet.htm

Cheers for the link Peter. All I need is something to stick 'em on LOL Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  globaltrancemission on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:10 am

Star4mation wrote:
globaltrancemission wrote:These are ready made and quite nice but you can make your own easily using an inkjet printer and your own art.

Imagine putting fractals on a guitar body Smile

They are not permanent though unless you seal them with clear lacquer. Fender used to do all their headstock that way.

Here is a good site for supplies and info:

http://www.lazertran.com/products/lazertran_products_inkjet.htm

Cheers for the link Peter. All I need is something to stick 'em on LOL Smile

You could have a nice little sideline with your art by making these and either selling them or putting them on guitars for people Smile

_________________
PeterC (Global Trancemission)

www.globaltrancemission.co.uk


http://www.darkstarcruiser.com
avatar
globaltrancemission
Admin

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2010-04-22
Age : 66
Location : United Kingdom

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 am

They came in the mail today..WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOooooooo NICE!

Money WELL spent!!!! I just love these...MAN!! IMPRESSIVE!

My guitars are gona be SO cool...Smile

VERY Hard to not post pix of the 3 im working on...There loking so killer!
But want to wait till there ALL done...Smile

THESE PLATES ARE AWESOME!!!.. Cool Cool Cool Cool

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  DACE on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 am

I would say, as good as those pix look of them..they NOW SUCK!
In person there 100times cooler! The pix dont show anything really.
You would have to see one in person i guess.

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Neck Plates (for my builds)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum