F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mikes 2nd upload.

4 posters

Go down

Mikes 2nd upload. Empty Mikes 2nd upload.

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 am

I have concern about the recording..But what a GREAT TUNE! This shows Mikes cleaner mellower side..Awesome playing..Not sure WHATS up with the recording tho..

You guys are right..Need to get him here NOW...but he does not have much online time, so i dont if he will come in enuff for us to help him??? but, yes, needs to get here now i think.

Please comment..Mike is OPEN to advice guys. But be easy with him at first..Smile

A Little Difference by Michael Partin,Joseph
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mikes 2nd upload. Empty Re: Mikes 2nd upload.

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Great tune with some lovely guitar layers. You can hear some Fungus Dace influence in there.

Seems like an autopanner or a tremelo has accidently been left on in the mix unless he was trying out an effect.

You can still tell the obvious class of the track anyway Smile

Some promising things on the horizon I think.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes, he got something screwy..But i will check him out next time im over. And yes, non-the-less AWESOME tune...Im just glad to hear him do some other things beside heavy.

He said he would try to join today. I told him you guys wanted him to get here so ya could help him out with online/music stuff...Your right, better now for him help-wise.

He is just now getting online really, take time. But im happy for him.

AND! it will do us ALL good to have a Young-Blood to take care of..Smile tho he IS an "old-soul"...that fits here PERFECT!

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 pm

OK..we ran down the sound prob...He over gated the whole track. Pretty sure since it had heavy FX on it, then he regated it in WaveStudio that it cut the tails off the FXs to fast. thats what it sounds like. SO...Cool...I was going crazy about because i know mike can get a good sound. Im sure thats what happened here. Gate is just cutting it out to fast...And thats why the drums are weak in spots also.

He will be here soon.

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:13 am

DACE wrote:OK..we ran down the sound prob...He over gated the whole track. Pretty sure since it had heavy FX on it, then he regated it in WaveStudio that it cut the tails off the FXs to fast. thats what it sounds like. SO...Cool...I was going crazy about because i know mike can get a good sound. Im sure thats what happened here. Gate is just cutting it out to fast...And thats why the drums are weak in spots also.

He will be here soon.

DACE>

That makes sense Smile You have to be careful and thats an easy mistake to make.

Lots of people overdo things when they process a complete track. Sometimes its better to leave things alone if they sound OK. Compression is not always necessary and it can cause all sorts of problems if you overdo it.

All part of the learning process.......and we never stop learning Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Nicely played Smile
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  michaelpartin Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks everyone,for the positivity.I'm glad that you all enjoyed.It's good to be here.Working on another one,but it's probably not going to be as mellow lol

michaelpartin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Your very welcome mike...be sure to post it here also.
The link is fine, it pops up so we can listen and comment at the same time, and comment at MIX. You can embed players here also. But they dont play much for me, so i just link. Soundcloud player we use here also..Embeded...But as you know, that site is down for us alot, So, whatever works, use.
cheers

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down