F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Computer

3 posters

Go down

New Computer Empty New Computer

Post  globaltrancemission Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Not been very active this week as I have been busy getting my new computer set up and migrating all the programs that I need.

All seems well but it takes time to do these things and some of the older programs cause problems.

Should be back posting again tomorrow.....although I can see things are still in the slow lane.
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

New Computer Empty Re: New Computer

Post  Star4mation Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Lucky you Peter! A new computer!! Have you got Windows 7 too? I'm thinking about upgrading to Win 7. My corrupt Win XP is a pain in the ass sometimes!!
Although not being able to connect to the internet with it has some benefits. Without the distraction of the net I have been able to catch up on a lot of image rendering and I managed to complete my entry to the Halloween contest at the Fantasy Attic. It was a bit of a rush job to get it in on time and I was hoping for a 4th or 5th place as it was far from my best work.

Well I didn't get a 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, or even a 1st. No I won the Grand Prize!!! Around $400 worth of software and other digital goodies!!!

I really need to start recording again. I've played some cool Native Instruments stuff this week but as yet no new songs.
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:21 am

Congratulations on winning Steve......you must feel very proud

I decided that the time had come when I had reached the point where I had to leave it on 24/7 because it took so long to start up. Sometimes it was taking me 45 mins to access my emails and I was getting constant "low on memory" messages.
I think....like you....that after running XP for so long with all of its upgrades and service packs .....and all the bugs that accumulate over the years it took its toll.

New Computer I have now is running Win 7 and is an AMD Athlon II X4 635 Quad Core processor with 3gb RAM DDR3 and GeForce Graphics.
Not really explored Win7 yet as I have been too busy getting everything in place but it looks a good system.

I had to dig into my savings but the computer is such an essential piece of kit that I knew I needed to get a replacement so I don't regret spending the money. This should make life a bit easier and much less frustrating. The old computer was giving me much stress !!!!!!!
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:10 am

I, also am getting a PC for the studio..Mother-N-law is sending me a rather nice one i hear.
See you both when ya get back around.
DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:08 am

DACE wrote:I, also am getting a PC for the studio..Mother-N-law is sending me a rather nice one i hear.
See you both when ya get back around.
DACE>

I am back now DACE Smile

Sometimes we tend to overlook the computer is also as essential a piece of gear as a guitar, amp or synth to us online musicians.

I should have replaced mine sometime ago.........but its done now....cool Cool
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum