New book online

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New book online

Post  edrury on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

The Whale Whisperers of Ensorclea is finally ready for reviewing, browsing etc. I generated a coupon for it so you can have it for free just by entering this code at checkout : SS65K
Here is the link:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/116873

The coupon will be good till Febuary 1st.
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

edrury wrote:The Whale Whisperers of Ensorclea is finally ready for reviewing, browsing etc. I generated a coupon for it so you can have it for free just by entering this code at checkout : SS65K
Here is the link:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/116873

The coupon will be good till Febuary 1st.

Cool! Thanks!

Z

_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Hope you enjoy it Mike, it should be a fast easy read. I should know since I've read it five times since I wrote it What a Face
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  Star4mation on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Cheers Ed, looking forward to reading it Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

edrury wrote:Hope you enjoy it Mike, it should be a fast easy read. I should know since I've read it five times since I wrote it What a Face

I'll check it out.
I think I currently have something like 100 books on my kindle.... Very Happy

Z

_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am

Star4mation wrote:Cheers Ed, looking forward to reading it Smile
Thanks for grabbing it Steve!
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 am

z wrote:
edrury wrote:Hope you enjoy it Mike, it should be a fast easy read. I should know since I've read it five times since I wrote it What a Face

I'll check it out.
I think I currently have something like 100 books on my kindle.... Very Happy

Z
I know how that goes. I've got a ton on my Kindle, plus I usually have three or four library books at a time. I just finished Ghost in the Wire by Kevin Mitnick which took me back to the good old days of VAX/VMS and BSD Unix. Really enjoyed that.
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:50 pm

edrury wrote:
z wrote:
edrury wrote:Hope you enjoy it Mike, it should be a fast easy read. I should know since I've read it five times since I wrote it What a Face

I'll check it out.
I think I currently have something like 100 books on my kindle.... Very Happy

Z
I know how that goes. I've got a ton on my Kindle, plus I usually have three or four library books at a time. I just finished Ghost in the Wire by Kevin Mitnick which took me back to the good old days of VAX/VMS and BSD Unix. Really enjoyed that.

I grew up on 4.2BSD down in New Mexico at college. Good stuff.

If you aren't already a member of Indie Writers Unite! and Book Junkies on facebook you should join.
Lots of freebies posted there all the time.

Z

_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

I think you would really enjoy that book as well, Z. I started out when I was handed access to an account on a local univeristy VAX, I used that account to get on many PDP 11's runing VMS, a system that I never got that familiar with. I was a beta test site for BSD unix after that, and also ran SCO's Xenix on my home made machine for several years to develop custom data base applications for clients though I always installed Unix on there machines, had no compatability issues using gcc to compile my stuff. Ah the good old days of streaming tape backups and 300 baud remote dialups. ;-)

Ed
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 pm

edrury wrote: I think you would really enjoy that book as well, Z. I started out when I was handed access to an account on a local univeristy VAX, I used that account to get on many PDP 11's runing VMS, a system that I never got that familiar with. I was a beta test site for BSD unix after that, and also ran SCO's Xenix on my home made machine for several years to develop custom data base applications for clients though I always installed Unix on there machines, had no compatability issues using gcc to compile my stuff. Ah the good old days of streaming tape backups and 300 baud remote dialups. ;-)

Ed

I'll check it out. At NMIMT I used a Vax 11/780 in the computer lab and a Dec 2060 in the other lab.
I also worked at JOCR (Joint Observatory for Cometary Research) where I used an LSI 11/03 to run
fortran programs which printed out coordinates for where to aim the telescopes (which were up by Langmuir Observatory).

I mostly did C coding at that time.

Z


_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:08 pm

z wrote:
edrury wrote: I think you would really enjoy that book as well, Z. I started out when I was handed access to an account on a local univeristy VAX, I used that account to get on many PDP 11's runing VMS, a system that I never got that familiar with. I was a beta test site for BSD unix after that, and also ran SCO's Xenix on my home made machine for several years to develop custom data base applications for clients though I always installed Unix on there machines, had no compatability issues using gcc to compile my stuff. Ah the good old days of streaming tape backups and 300 baud remote dialups. ;-)

Ed

I'll check it out. At NMIMT I used a Vax 11/780 in the computer lab and a Dec 2060 in the other lab.
I also worked at JOCR (Joint Observatory for Cometary Research) where I used an LSI 11/03 to run
fortran programs which printed out coordinates for where to aim the telescopes (which were up by Langmuir Observatory).

I mostly did C coding at that time.

Z


I somehow managed to avoid Fortran (my friends that were taking it in school had the nerdy goodbye line of , "may all your formulas be translated) I had to take Pascal in school, but I did the assignments in C and used a C to Pascal translator to produce the assignments. Funny thing, I did get an A for the course anyway! I once had to write a patch for a low level driver that was written in Pascal for God only knows what reason. That one patch, maybe 20 lines of code, was the some total of the programming I've done in Pascal. Once I discovered C, there was no going back. It was the first language that really made sense to me. My guru in C told me when I would bring up the subject of learning other languages, "get your C down and you can create your own language." I've generally found this to be true and even wrote parsers and compilers of my own , all small ones. Ah the good old days.

Ed
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:45 pm

edrury wrote:
z wrote:
edrury wrote: I think you would really enjoy that book as well, Z. I started out when I was handed access to an account on a local univeristy VAX, I used that account to get on many PDP 11's runing VMS, a system that I never got that familiar with. I was a beta test site for BSD unix after that, and also ran SCO's Xenix on my home made machine for several years to develop custom data base applications for clients though I always installed Unix on there machines, had no compatability issues using gcc to compile my stuff. Ah the good old days of streaming tape backups and 300 baud remote dialups. ;-)

Ed

I'll check it out. At NMIMT I used a Vax 11/780 in the computer lab and a Dec 2060 in the other lab.
I also worked at JOCR (Joint Observatory for Cometary Research) where I used an LSI 11/03 to run
fortran programs which printed out coordinates for where to aim the telescopes (which were up by Langmuir Observatory).

I mostly did C coding at that time.

Z


I somehow managed to avoid Fortran (my friends that were taking it in school had the nerdy goodbye line of , "may all your formulas be translated) I had to take Pascal in school, but I did the assignments in C and used a C to Pascal translator to produce the assignments. Funny thing, I did get an A for the course anyway! I once had to write a patch for a low level driver that was written in Pascal for God only knows what reason. That one patch, maybe 20 lines of code, was the some total of the programming I've done in Pascal. Once I discovered C, there was no going back. It was the first language that really made sense to me. My guru in C told me when I would bring up the subject of learning other languages, "get your C down and you can create your own language." I've generally found this to be true and even wrote parsers and compilers of my own , all small ones. Ah the good old days.

Ed

I've done a ton of languages, from 6502 assembly (Apple II+), to UCSD Pascal, to C, C++, C#, Lisp, Modula 2, Smalltalk...
I'm fluent in C and C++. Never did much Fortran, just maintained existing code.

The good old days. When the internet was called ARPA and mostly just college students used it.

Z





_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Those were good days for sure. Usenet groups, internet chat relay, ftp, gopher. Google is awesome, but there are so many times I wish I could use egrep lol.
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 pm

z wrote:If you aren't already a member of Indie Writers Unite! and Book Junkies on facebook you should join.
Lots of freebies posted there all the time.

Z
Done and done. Fantastic, thanks Z! Though now I see why you don't have as much free time as you used to...
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

edrury wrote:
z wrote:If you aren't already a member of Indie Writers Unite! and Book Junkies on facebook you should join.
Lots of freebies posted there all the time.

Z
Done and done. Fantastic, thanks Z! Though now I see why you don't have as much free time as you used to...

Holy crap. Yes! It's a big wormhole of time suck there. So many writers.
I spend too much time there already.... it's amazing I get anything done.

Z

_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  GinjaBug on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:45 am

i'll check it out!
avatar
GinjaBug

Posts : 671
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 35
Location : Chicago

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=693311

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 am

GinjaBug wrote:i'll check it out!

Thanks. There is actually a character named after you in the book ;-)
She is pretty and nice, see actually very like you alien
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  GinjaBug on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:22 pm

that's awesome! i can't wait to read it!! Very Happy how do i DL it? i was thinking a PDF file...so, do i have to log in first, or will it let me get it without joining? just to make sure, i'm not meaning to sound clueless...but i am, infact haha. aaa i might have tryed once before to DL your didgeridoo info from there. but that was on my old pc and i couldn't(because it kept crashing). i have a new one now, and so i can DL stuff again! Like a Star @ heaven
avatar
GinjaBug

Posts : 671
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 35
Location : Chicago

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=693311

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  GinjaBug on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 pm

i'm just reading now the preview. it's very good! great discription and visuals in my head. i rarely get that when i read novel books. was jennequina after me?? it made me smile, because i have done the same. i do house keeping on the side and i always do extra work. haha like this one lady had me clean her linin closet out. it was disorginized...and so i took out every towel and layed it out on their bed. there must have been a hundred lol. they were just shoved into the closet. she said i didn't have to fold all of them. but she came back 15 minutes later and they were all folded neatly and acording to size and color/style lol. man, that closet looks good! she gave me an apple pie to take home for my mom and i Very Happy . sorry, if my spelling is off. i haven't figured out how to get spell-check on here. it's a dyslexic's best friend!
avatar
GinjaBug

Posts : 671
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 35
Location : Chicago

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=693311

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 am

GinjaBug wrote:that's awesome! i can't wait to read it!! Very Happy how do i DL it? i was thinking a PDF file...so, do i have to log in first, or will it let me get it without joining? just to make sure, i'm not meaning to sound clueless...but i am, infact haha. aaa i might have tryed once before to DL your didgeridoo info from there. but that was on my old pc and i couldn't(because it kept crashing). i have a new one now, and so i can DL stuff again! Like a Star @ heaven

Yeah, PDF is fine. If you don't do it soon, I'll be generating a new coupon for February. The current one is only good one more day I think. I'll post the new code here when I create it.
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 am

GinjaBug wrote:i'm just reading now the preview. it's very good! great discription and visuals in my head. i rarely get that when i read novel books. was jennequina after me?? it made me smile, because i have done the same. i do house keeping on the side and i always do extra work. haha like this one lady had me clean her linin closet out. it was disorginized...and so i took out every towel and layed it out on their bed. there must have been a hundred lol. they were just shoved into the closet. she said i didn't have to fold all of them. but she came back 15 minutes later and they were all folded neatly and acording to size and color/style lol. man, that closet looks good! she gave me an apple pie to take home for my mom and i Very Happy . sorry, if my spelling is off. i haven't figured out how to get spell-check on here. it's a dyslexic's best friend!

That's funny, yes Jennequina was named after you, but I had no idea you had done domestic stuff. Funny coincidence! I'm glad you enjoyed what you read of it. I got pretty attached to the characters while I was working on it. Thanks for taking the time!
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 pm


Going to check out your Whale Whisperers soon. Just moved it to my Kindle Touch
so I can read it at the gym.

It's been hard for me to find reading time so I'm going to read during cardio (biking and such).

You should send me the background for the cover and I'll make the font look more visible.
I'm getting pretty good with font stuff in photoshop now.

And you should consider putting it into KDP Select on Amazon. You get locked in for 90 days,
but you can have up to 5 free promo days in that period which helps move it up the list so
people can find it when it's not free anymore.


Z

_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

z wrote:
Going to check out your Whale Whisperers soon. Just moved it to my Kindle Touch
so I can read it at the gym.

It's been hard for me to find reading time so I'm going to read during cardio (biking and such).

You should send me the background for the cover and I'll make the font look more visible.
I'm getting pretty good with font stuff in photoshop now.

And you should consider putting it into KDP Select on Amazon. You get locked in for 90 days,
but you can have up to 5 free promo days in that period which helps move it up the list so
people can find it when it's not free anymore.


Z

Awesome, Z. I'd love it if you could retitle my book cover for me. I've seen the major steps you've taken in your designs for albums and stuff, I'm sure you can greatly improve on my crappy and rushed job on that.

Ed
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  edrury on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 am

GinjaBug wrote:i'll check it out!

Here is the new coupon code to get the book free : NJ75N
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  z on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 pm

edrury wrote:
z wrote:
Going to check out your Whale Whisperers soon. Just moved it to my Kindle Touch
so I can read it at the gym.

It's been hard for me to find reading time so I'm going to read during cardio (biking and such).

You should send me the background for the cover and I'll make the font look more visible.
I'm getting pretty good with font stuff in photoshop now.

And you should consider putting it into KDP Select on Amazon. You get locked in for 90 days,
but you can have up to 5 free promo days in that period which helps move it up the list so
people can find it when it's not free anymore.


Z

Awesome, Z. I'd love it if you could retitle my book cover for me. I've seen the major steps you've taken in your designs for albums and stuff, I'm sure you can greatly improve on my crappy and rushed job on that.

Ed

Sure. I'll take a crack at it.
I'm now reading on my Kindle Touch while I do cardio at the gym.
So I'm about 33% done with it.

I like it! There are a few typos (like "where" instead of "were" a few places), but nothing major.
Love the whale whisperers characters and the little bits of social commentary.
I'll do a review when I finish it.

Z






_________________
http://atomicforcerecords.com
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New book online

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum