First new track in ages

Go down

First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:42 pm

It's been a long time coming, but finaly I have a new track for all to listen to. It's called "Trick or troll" and is on my player at Soundawesome
http://star4mation.soundawesome.com/
I'll stick it up on soundcloud when I get some spare time, but for now if you check it out on Soundawesome I might get a good chart position! (It's at 200 at the moment)
Cheers all Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  edrury on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Now that was just what I needed this morning. Truely it was, I was totally unfocused and grumpy till I listened to Trick or Troll, now I'm slightly chill with a good dose of groove to prove I heard. Love those rhythmic patterns throbbing undercurrents. Some clever work with I assume are vocal samples. Everything liquifies into a easy energic flow through my phones. Very, very cool.

Ed
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Cheers Ed, glad you liked it Smile I used a sample manipulation synth called Alchemy. The vocal samples were brought in using a joystick control as are the drums and sequencers. It's a bit like an EMS Synthi with less knobs!

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  GinjaBug on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 pm

i'm having probs loading the songs. have you got it on soundclick too? this computer won't let me listen to anything in hi-fi. i really don't get why...i have high speed(not on wireless too). i'd love to hear a Like a Star @ heaven song!
avatar
GinjaBug

Posts : 671
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 35
Location : Chicago

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=693311

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  z on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Listening soon.... I need a couple extra hours a day.... swamped...


Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 56
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 pm

GinjaBug wrote:i'm having probs loading the songs. have you got it on soundclick too? this computer won't let me listen to anything in hi-fi. i really don't get why...i have high speed(not on wireless too). i'd love to hear a Like a Star @ heaven song!

Try this Ginn. Can't upload to Soundclick, file way too big!

Trick or Troll by Star4mation

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

z wrote:Listening soon.... I need a couple extra hours a day.... swamped...


Z

No probs Z Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  z on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 am


Wow! So cool! You are really getting more complex.
I dig it! Very big sound. Lots of cool echo.

Nice!

Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 56
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks Z Smile Alchemy is a cool synth, it lets you mix a lot of sounds on the fly. Great for improv Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  z on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 am

Star4mation wrote:Thanks Z Smile Alchemy is a cool synth, it lets you mix a lot of sounds on the fly. Great for improv Smile

I'll have to look that up.
My recording setup is different now, so some things are harder for me to do.

Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 56
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:54 am

z wrote:
Star4mation wrote:Thanks Z Smile Alchemy is a cool synth, it lets you mix a lot of sounds on the fly. Great for improv Smile

I'll have to look that up.
My recording setup is different now, so some things are harder for me to do.

Z

Check it out here
http://www.camelaudio.com/index.php
I got the free version. Hope to get some more tracks recorded now, as I have this week off work.

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  z on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:08 am

Star4mation wrote:
z wrote:
Star4mation wrote:Thanks Z Smile Alchemy is a cool synth, it lets you mix a lot of sounds on the fly. Great for improv Smile

I'll have to look that up.
My recording setup is different now, so some things are harder for me to do.

Z

Check it out here
http://www.camelaudio.com/index.php
I got the free version. Hope to get some more tracks recorded now, as I have this week off work.

Yay, it comes with a Mac (AU) version. Downloading now.
Thanks!

Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 56
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Star4mation on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 am

z wrote:
Star4mation wrote:
z wrote:
Star4mation wrote:Thanks Z Smile Alchemy is a cool synth, it lets you mix a lot of sounds on the fly. Great for improv Smile

I'll have to look that up.
My recording setup is different now, so some things are harder for me to do.

Z

Check it out here
http://www.camelaudio.com/index.php
I got the free version. Hope to get some more tracks recorded now, as I have this week off work.

Yay, it comes with a Mac (AU) version. Downloading now.
Thanks!

Z

There's 50 bonus presets for free too! If you can get them installed let me know how you did it cos I'm damned if I can get them to work. Says it needs the location of the key file, but as far as I can tell it ain't got one!

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: First new track in ages

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum