Far From Heaven

Go down

Far From Heaven

Post  z on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Another one where I play drums. This time I played the drums first with no click track (without a net).
Seemed easier to me just to try to maintain the groove on my own....





















you want it all, you can't have it
you're gonna fall, far from heaven
and from the top, you will look down
and you will see, broken pieces

I want it all, I can't have it
I'm gonna fall, far from heaven
and from below, I will look up
and I will be, full of sorrow

we need it all, must have it all
we're gonna crawl, far from heaven
down on our knees, unforgiven
and we will beg, for our souls back



Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  DACE on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Before i even listen...ITS SURE HELPING ME To see some tunes comimg in here!!!

BRB! listening now...

DACE>
avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  z on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

DACE wrote:Before i even listen...ITS SURE HELPING ME To see some tunes comimg in here!!!

BRB! listening now...

DACE>

I hope you like it. I redid the lead guitar and added vocals. Cool

Music is our Soul. Music is Heaven.


Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  DACE on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Boy those drums sound GREAT! Played great Z!

Might need some mids on the Kik-drum??? Other than that, NICE!

Vox a tad low....but then again, the guitars are so killer, maybe the vox is better low??? Might be my ears (chain saw) might have me flat some???

These are great lyrics...I think i could help with the phrasing a TON, but would have to do that in person really.

Nothing needs a change in my mind really...My advice is for the next tune. forward advice.

SO GREAT TO HEAR YA!

Thanky.... Cool Cool

DACE>

avatar
DACE
Admin

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  z on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

DACE wrote:Boy those drums sound GREAT! Played great Z!

Might need some mids on the Kik-drum??? Other than that, NICE!

Vox a tad low....but then again, the guitars are so killer, maybe the vox is better low??? Might be my ears (chain saw) might have me flat some???

These are great lyrics...I think i could help with the phrasing a TON, but would have to do that in person really.

Nothing needs a change in my mind really...My advice is for the next tune. forward advice.

SO GREAT TO HEAR YA!

Thanky.... Cool Cool

DACE>


Thanks bro!
Yeah I am working on playing "free-er" and singing "free-er".

The next tune better watch out. I'm on the way. Cool


Z


avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  edrury on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I like the vocals on this a lot, Z. Yeah, they could be up a little more in the mix but I could hear them pretty good for old ears. Some of the lead work on this is just flat cool. Great to hear you creating new tracks. Those drums are sounding better everytime I hear them.

Ed
avatar
edrury

Posts : 359
Join date : 2009-06-25
Location : Portland, Oregon

http://www.EdDrury.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  z on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

edrury wrote:I like the vocals on this a lot, Z. Yeah, they could be up a little more in the mix but I could hear them pretty good for old ears. Some of the lead work on this is just flat cool. Great to hear you creating new tracks. Those drums are sounding better everytime I hear them.

Ed

Thanks Ed. It's cool how learning a new instrument changes things. Cool
I need to practice a lot more, but it's fun.


Z
avatar
z
Admin

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 55
Location : Minnesota

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  Star4mation on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 am

Great track Z! Killer guitars, and the drums are comming along fine Smile

_________________

I am the centre of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
avatar
Star4mation
Admin

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2010-04-21
Age : 60
Location : Devon, England

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  ftlpope on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:24 am

Hi Z, you have such a unique angle on this kind of music which I have enjoyed for some time now. ftlpope
avatar
ftlpope

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-06-15
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Far From Heaven

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum