F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser

3 posters

Go down

KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser Empty KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Here is the first demo of the Korg AX3000G with my Jaguar.
Recorded straight into the mixer with nothing added .....so everything (including reverb) is from the Korg....and no further processing......so this is a true demo.

Setting BOUTIQUE CLEAN AMP.....STUDIO REVERB
0 to 0.59 Just clean setting as above playing BridgePU ...... Both PU's.....Neck PU
0.59 to 2.16 High Compression added to above playing BridgePU ...... Both PU's.....Neck PU

Compression off.....Pitchshifter added.....Amp settings the same.

2.16 to 2.52 Setting +5 (Fifth above)
2.52 to 3.22 Setting -5 (Fifth below)
3.22 to 4.00 Setting -7
4.00 to 4.30 Setting -9
4.30 to 5.23 Setting -12 (1 octave below) Cool Jazz setting Smile
5.23 to 6.06 Setting -15 (A strange one but it works well)
6.06 to 6.55 Setting -24 (2 octaves below) Watch that Bass !!!

AMP Change to UK Modern High Gain

6.55 to 7.45 Setting -12
7.45 to 8.40 Setting -15
8.40 to 9.16 Setting -24

The clean settings with Pitchshifter got me in a jazzy mood but the same setting with hard distortion turn into real hard rock at the end. These are all sounds that you have probably heard on recordings by many great artists.
Not enough people explore the possibilities shown here....in fact it wasn't until I started experimenting that I found how useful this is for new styles.

Korg say in the manual that this pitchshifter is up to studio quality......and this demo certainly proves it Smile

DEMO - Korg AX3000G Demo 001 by globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser Empty Re: KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser

Post  DACE Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Been waiting on your post because i saw you uploaded..Smile

Comp sound great..Very much give one a tube-amp sound....
Heavy comp is my FAVE, but i like it with the neck pickup the best.
As here, your neck pup sound best to me compressed.

"Not enough people explore the possibilities shown here....in fact it wasn't until I started experimenting that I found how useful this is for new styles."

TRUE BECAUSE THERE FOLOWERS! The thing with heavy FX is to USE them heavy, but play so they dont sound that way. Thats what i do with Delay and comp. If your not going to use much FX , why use them at all?? But i DO like what they do for (tone) also...But still, the more you have on your sound, the better thay alter the tone of your guitar.

THESE WILL SOUND AWESOME IN YOUR MUSIC PETER..Smile

Very nice sounds. Great Demo work. Most enjoyed...Z will love these if he ever gets the time.

DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser Empty Re: KORG AX3000G DEMO 001 Compression and Pitchshifter / Harmoniser

Post  globaltrancemission Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks DACE.....I really hope z gets the time...there's much here that he could use with his own effects.

I have been exploring the Korg deeper....its real easy to use and I did'nt use any presets on that demo....I just changed settings as I went along without saving. I like working that way because each time I use it I find something new.

There is much more to come which is why this is demo number one. The Modulations and Delays are superb.
There is some unusual stuff as well.....but I'll get to all that on a future demo.

I intend to show you some more of what this thing is capable of but at the end of the day it's mostly about Tone. I love the clean settings with the effects for adding ambience to the guitar.

I tried it today also with the Greco Les Paul which is a much thicker sound. Must bring that guitar out more and use that as well. Perhaps use the LP and the Jag together in some tracks for variation. Smile

Glad you enjoyed it.....I find that my playing gets influenced by these sounds which is why a lot of this sounded a bit jazzy....thats a very cool thing Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Star4mation Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Wicked demo Peter!! Smile (would have got to it sooner but my internet has been very erratic this week for some reason)
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks Steve......good to see you around Smile

Lots more features to demo yet including some interesting ones.

The Korg has a Step Sequencer built in which will play guitar arpeggios or control effects parameters.

Also has a couple of synth sounds built in which you can play on the guitar.

A bit gimmicky and its not gonna replace my Access Virus but it is quite strange and unusual....which appeals to my experimental side Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down