F.O.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!!

4 posters

Go down

ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!! Empty ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!!

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 am

Here is a link to the best information that I have seen online about how the biz is currently working (or not working as the case maybe)

[url=David Byrne's Survival Strategies for Emerging Artists]http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/magazine/16-01/ff_byrne?currentPage=1[/url]

In a nutshell it looks at how record companies work compared to being an indie but its in great detail.

There are 5 pages and reading it all will give you a good picture of the pros and cons of signing to a label and the different types of deal compared to the indie DIY model.

I'll say no more but I do suggest that you read it all.....you will get a much fuller picture of the Biz .
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

http://www.globaltrancemission.co.uk

Back to top Go down

ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!! Empty Re: ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!!

Post  z Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 am

cool!
z
z
Admin

http://atomicforcerecords.com

Back to top Go down

ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!! Empty Re: ABSOLUTE MUST READ - 5 PAGES OF INFORMATION !!!

Post  Star4mation Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:20 pm

A very interesting read Peter!
Star4mation
Star4mation
Admin

http://star4mation.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:39 pm

I thought that this answered a lot of questions and was most informative.
It certainly would make you think very carefully about any "deal" that was put on the table.

Looks like being INDIE is not such a bad thing when you consider it all. Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Im not even going to read it...for many reasons. and i mean many. The main one is my thinking has changed the last few weeks about music. I spent alot of time thinking of what really matters to (me) about my music and the music of my friends. i HAVE everything and MORE than i could ask for right now.

MONEY cant buy what i have in my little music-world. I dont want to change anything at this time. My friend (Steve) does artwork for me. My friend (peter, and many others), listen to my music and comment it. My friend (Z) sends me my music on wonderful looking and sounding CDs. It feels SO great to just give them to my friends here. Friends have sent me gear to make my music. Friends have played LIVE with me.

Most of my songs now come from talking with my friends, and my feeling for them.

Selling my music is asking for something i dont need really. (As far as my music go's).
I have another set of (friends) that are going to share an inside booth with me. Im going to put my music and that of my friends in there for sale. If it sells, great! if not it stands for what i HAVE...I have ALOT...(as far as music go's).

Money has NEVER made my music!

Theres some new things coming to my music. I cant make music at this time. But in a few weeks that will change. And im taking that as time to try some different things with music. Then in a few months i will have a chance to get back the gear i need to do whatever it is i want with music at that time. Playing live is in my mind. Recording in a different way is in my mind. Finding a "fan-base" is VERY much on my mind.

In the meantime, im rehashing all my tunes that got ignored for the most part. Re-uploading and reposting them as i go. Dont know that will be here so much, but on other sites.

All my old friend online, and you all here are burnt-out on me, my music, and you know everything about me. SO, im looking for new people that are interested in getting to know each other and fueling each others music and life.

Its been a VERY long time since anyone asked to do music with me. Now some new people i have met are asking that of me. Im happy about that. Even a few i know from the past have asked about doing music together. This will help with my new-ways of recording coming soon. It will give me something to learn new things.

Friday my new PC for the studio should be here. I will start in then. Wont be any guitar or bass for a few months. But vocals and programs is what i need to work with anyway. Im about sick of guitar myself. Prob get a keyboard befor i get my guitar back. Might not get it back at all. Im just SO sick of guitars!

DACE>
DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:36 pm

DACE wrote:Im not even going to read it...for many reasons. and i mean many. The main one is my thinking has changed the last few weeks about music. I spent alot of time thinking of what really matters to (me) about my music and the music of my friends. i HAVE everything and MORE than i could ask for right now.

MONEY cant buy what i have in my little music-world. I dont want to change anything at this time. My friend (Steve) does artwork for me. My friend (peter, and many others), listen to my music and comment it. My friend (Z) sends me my music on wonderful looking and sounding CDs. It feels SO great to just give them to my friends here. Friends have sent me gear to make my music. Friends have played LIVE with me.

Most of my songs now come from talking with my friends, and my feeling for them.

Selling my music is asking for something i dont need really. (As far as my music go's).
I have another set of (friends) that are going to share an inside booth with me. Im going to put my music and that of my friends in there for sale. If it sells, great! if not it stands for what i HAVE...I have ALOT...(as far as music go's).

Money has NEVER made my music!

Theres some new things coming to my music. I cant make music at this time. But in a few weeks that will change. And im taking that as time to try some different things with music. Then in a few months i will have a chance to get back the gear i need to do whatever it is i want with music at that time. Playing live is in my mind. Recording in a different way is in my mind. Finding a "fan-base" is VERY much on my mind.

In the meantime, im rehashing all my tunes that got ignored for the most part. Re-uploading and reposting them as i go. Dont know that will be here so much, but on other sites.

All my old friend online, and you all here are burnt-out on me, my music, and you know everything about me. SO, im looking for new people that are interested in getting to know each other and fueling each others music and life.

Its been a VERY long time since anyone asked to do music with me. Now some new people i have met are asking that of me. Im happy about that. Even a few i know from the past have asked about doing music together. This will help with my new-ways of recording coming soon. It will give me something to learn new things.

Friday my new PC for the studio should be here. I will start in then. Wont be any guitar or bass for a few months. But vocals and programs is what i need to work with anyway. Im about sick of guitar myself. Prob get a keyboard befor i get my guitar back. Might not get it back at all. Im just SO sick of guitars!

DACE>

I think this is good for you Dace!
The best music in the world wasn't done for money.

And it's been awhile since you changed from "a guitarist" to "a composer" and found your voice.

We each have to find our path.

We need to collaborate again. Probably next year. On something COMPLETELY different.
After we both grow some more.

Z

z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globaltrancemission Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

DACE.....As long as you are happy and are doing what you really want to do then that's the right way to go.....with the flow.

Experimenting with new sounds.....new styles ....new instruments.....it can be really liberating.

Maybe you are right....we know you and your music so well....and a change of everything is what you need to move on.

I look forward to hearing you do something completely new and mindblowing....and I know that you can do it.

When you're ready to let us hear it you know where we are Smile
globaltrancemission
globaltrancemission
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DACE Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Everyone here is as important to my music as I am.

Im starting with a NEW PC...well, new to me, its a few years old, but VERY NICE!
Im going to work with some differnt softwares, and take more time building tracks up.
Other than that, i dont know..As Peter said..Go with the flow.

I have been listening to my voice...I have a GREAT voice! Its all natural...I got what i need right there. I know who i am. I know what i can do. Im just really looking forward to doing all this.

Im holding an Album right now (From the darkness), SOME great Vocals on ALL these tunes. You have heard them, but not really. I will have it for FREE DL when its ready. If you take the time to listen, you will hear what im saying..Great voice I have.

"There will be a light" , from the darkness!
DACE>

DACE
DACE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  z Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 pm

DACE wrote:Everyone here is as important to my music as I am.

Im starting with a NEW PC...well, new to me, its a few years old, but VERY NICE!
Im going to work with some differnt softwares, and take more time building tracks up.
Other than that, i dont know..As Peter said..Go with the flow.

I have been listening to my voice...I have a GREAT voice! Its all natural...I got what i need right there. I know who i am. I know what i can do. Im just really looking forward to doing all this.

Im holding an Album right now (From the darkness), SOME great Vocals on ALL these tunes. You have heard them, but not really. I will have it for FREE DL when its ready. If you take the time to listen, you will hear what im saying..Great voice I have.

"There will be a light" , from the darkness!
DACE>

Love the attitude!
Go Dace!

It's ALL about the voice -- and by voice I mean telling a story.
The instrument is ALWAYS less important than the story.

And you spin a hell of a tale. Cool

Z
z
z
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down